I can send text messages but for some reason I can receive text message from everyone. I can only receive text messages from certain people. I had a friend in front of me. I sent him a text message and he received it. He replied to me and I never got it. I have unlimited text messaging so I should have this problem. Help!
    05-24-09 06:56 PM
    Hummm... Never heard pf such a thing. Have you tried a battery pull?
    05-24-09 07:05 PM
    yes but still works the same.
    05-24-09 07:17 PM
    options>SMS Text> and make sure that data coding is set to 7 bit
    05-24-09 07:18 PM
    I experienced this at one time.
    Try replacing your SIM card. It helped me.
    Or have tmo troubleshoot your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 07:19 PM
    Is your bb still under warranty?? May have to go and get a replacement.
    05-24-09 07:20 PM
    it is set to 7 bit but nothing has changed
    05-24-09 07:21 PM
    i guess i'll try replacing my sim card cuz tmo already troubleshot this and couldn't figure it out.
    05-24-09 07:22 PM
    Did you call customer care?
    05-24-09 07:44 PM
    Have you recently ported your number? Are the people you're unable to text with different carriers? I've seen where that has happened before. If that's the case, the carrier can submit a case to verisign.
    05-24-09 07:51 PM
    Have you recently ported your number? Are the people you're unable to text with different carriers? I've seen where that has happened before. If that's the case, the carrier can submit a case to verisign.
    This is true. But usually after about a day or so after the port, they can receive messages from other carriers.
    05-24-09 07:53 PM
    Texting has no guaranty that they will arrive.
    05-24-09 08:13 PM
    Did you call customer care?
    yes, i called customer care. they are a bunch of morons. no help what so ever.
    05-24-09 09:10 PM
    I used to have the same phone # with another carrier and had it transferred to t-mobile. Could that be the problem? It's weird cuz I can receive text messages from some people but not all. What/who is verisign.
    05-24-09 09:14 PM
    I used to have the same phone # with another carrier and had it transferred to t-mobile. Could that be the problem? It's weird cuz I can receive text messages from some people but not all. What/who is verisign.
    How long ago did you port the number?

05-24-09 09:15 PM
    How long ago did you port the number?

It's been about 3 months or so and I've had this problem the whole time. I've pretty much ignored it but now I'm tired of it. Friends tell me that they text me but I never get them. However, I get text messages from others. It's weird.
    05-24-09 09:18 PM
    i had this problem i had to get a new sim card plus tmobile had to pull me off the network and then place me back on after that i havent had anyproblems
    05-25-09 01:31 AM
    Verisign is basically an outside company...They can check to the systems to see if there's an issue with send/recieve txt between different carriers. For example, I had a customer call in who'd ported her number over like 2 days ago. She wasn't able to send/recieve text from people who were with the carrier she ported from. I called verisign. They put in a ticket, and a few days later...issue resolved.
    05-25-09 08:53 AM
    i had this problem i had to get a new sim card plus tmobile had to pull me off the network and then place me back on after that i havent had anyproblems
    I changed out the SIM card and T-Mobile refreshed me on the network. Unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem. I still can't receive text messages from some people. Any suggestions?
    05-30-09 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD