I know there is one for the Blackberry curve 8300. Is there one for the this curve? Makes it sleep when holstered. Will the 8300 or 8800 holster's magnet work with this one?
    When phone placed in the holster it makes the phone lock anc sleep

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 06:11 PM
    The Blackberry pouch that comes in the box does this, however I don't use it, I let my Blackberry fly naked atleast i use to, until i sent it back, and got stuck in this back order nonsense
    02-17-09 06:15 PM
    Yep.. they are here:- http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

The plastic pouch that comes with the 8900 does the same thing, and there is also a leather version of the pouch.

The search button is your friend... try it someday
    02-17-09 06:21 PM
    they had it at the t-mobile store, it was 14.99. But, I could not figured out how to turn it on while on the holster. I do not want to have to remove it every time I need to use it.
    02-17-09 06:28 PM
    Yep, I agree with Phil. The search feature is great. I even have a link to show a few additional search techniques using Google. Check that out if you have a second it works great, I use it daily.

Also check out this current active thread in this forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ca...-using-145644/
    02-17-09 06:29 PM
    I know there is one for the Blackberry curve 8300. Is there one for the this curve? Makes it sleep when holstered. Will the 8300 or 8800 holster's magnet work with this one?
    When phone placed in the holster it makes the phone lock anc sleep

I have the 8300 curve leather holster and the magnet does not work as the sensor on the 8900 is lower. Ifound a proper holster though designed for the 8900 now so it is available if you go looking

02-17-09 06:36 PM
    I use the OEM leather holster that I purchased for my 8320. If I slide it in bottom first face down will put to sleep in 1-2 seconds and the stiffer back facing the face of 8900 will not depress any of buttons. Also has slot for trackball. Seems to work well.
    Doc
    02-17-09 06:43 PM
    I just ordered the 83xx series OEM pouch from ebay. Kind of tired of this crappy 8900 pouch that's too tight and drains battery.

Hopefully the 83xx pouch will do the trick without being too loose.
    02-17-09 07:53 PM
    I use the 8300 belt holster, don't seem to have a problem
    02-17-09 08:23 PM
    I use the 8300 belt holster, don't seem to have a problem

Same here....always puts it to sleep for me.
    02-17-09 09:32 PM
    I posted a picture of mine on the link aristile posted. It does put my phone to sleep. It's a horizontal leather holster and I like it.

02-17-09 09:55 PM
    i prefer the sleeve that it comes with to make it sleep and save batter, which i notice this phone loves to eat battery life. one thing i dont like is how the top part of the phone is exposed.

what i use.

taken w/ my amazing 8900 camera
    02-18-09 01:27 AM
    Your battery is draining faster because you are using that sleeve. Try for a few days without it, I think you will pleasantly surprised.
    02-18-09 01:32 AM
    I ordered the Seidio Horizontal Leather holster in hopes that i'll be able to keep my oem bb skin on and that it will put it in sleeper mode. I'll report back once I get it.
    02-18-09 02:09 AM
    how would a sleeve make a berry drain faster than open air, unless it was pushing on a button or something? Clarify please?
    02-18-09 02:19 AM
    how would a sleeve make a berry drain faster than open air, unless it was pushing on a button or something? Clarify please?
    Check out this thread.
    02-18-09 02:26 AM
    Your battery is draining faster because you are using that sleeve. Try for a few days without it, I think you will pleasantly surprised.
    but i love the sleeve :/ guess i'll buy a skin
    02-18-09 02:34 AM
    but i love the sleeve :/ guess i'll buy a skin
    Pick up the OEM leather sleeve then. I've been using that for around 2 weeks now, in combination with .133 OS and moderate to heavy use I get around 4 1/2 days life out of a single charge.
    02-18-09 04:29 AM
    I got a case by a cmpany called Krusell.
    Th quality is superb.
    I didn't like yanking/forcing the BB in and out of the pouch.
    02-18-09 05:31 AM
    I bought a leather holster for the 8320 at Verizon. Fits fine and phone goes to sleep immeadiately in holster.
    02-18-09 03:16 PM
    I couldn't find a decent (read: cheap enough for me) priced 8900 holster in Canada (OEM) and a seller I found was selling them but it turned out to be an 8300 case. I didn't mind much as he let me try the case with him.

I have read many people saying the 8300 holster doesn't work. This is partially true.

As noted, the proximity magnet on the front of the case is set higher? So if the screen is facing outward, it doesn't work.

Also as noted, if you put the screen in towards the back of the holster, it sleeps perfectly. I tried depressing keys and it was unresponsive in that positon. So all's good. My assumption is there's a larger magenet on the back of the holster? not too sure

Only consequences about using it this way are: the indicator light is hidden, and it doesnt quite look right (since the top of the 8900 is angled).

When the OEM 8900 holsters are a bit more widely available, I'll be getting one and selling my 8300 one.
    02-26-09 06:19 PM
    I'm using the hybrid OS 152/133. And I hardly get one day out of a single charge. I take it off the charge at around 11am and its almost dead by 10pm. I use the OEM sleeve. Does anyone have any tips.(also wi-fi is hardly on...and the phone is moderatly used with limited apps running.)
    02-27-09 12:19 AM
    I couldn't find a decent (read: cheap enough for me) priced 8900 holster in Canada (OEM) and a seller I found was selling them but it turned out to be an 8300 case. I didn't mind much as he let me try the case with him.

I have read many people saying the 8300 holster doesn't work. This is partially true.

As noted, the proximity magnet on the front of the case is set higher? So if the screen is facing outward, it doesn't work.

Also as noted, if you put the screen in towards the back of the holster, it sleeps perfectly. I tried depressing keys and it was unresponsive in that positon. So all's good. My assumption is there's a larger magenet on the back of the holster? not too sure

Only consequences about using it this way are: the indicator light is hidden, and it doesnt quite look right (since the top of the 8900 is angled).

When the OEM 8900 holsters are a bit more widely available, I'll be getting one and selling my 8300 one.
    Do a quick search on ebay for "OEM Synthetic Leather 8900 Holster". You can easily find one for around $15. That's the one I use .
    02-27-09 12:23 AM
    You answered your own question. It is too tight
    03-02-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD