Please... can someone help me.

I've changed my housing with my BlackBerry 8900 so I had to transfer the speaker and I already blew one of them. I got another 8900 with a perfectly fine speaker and I want to transfer it over to my other 8900 with the new housing.

So to all that have swapped new housings and transfered the speaker. How did you do it? Is it even working properly without the rattling? Need alot of help so any answer will do.

Thanks in advance.
    10-21-09 03:57 PM
    Anyone? I know a bunch of you mod your 8900's
    10-21-09 04:53 PM
    I messed it up as well, both speakers died, just ordered new ones.

Really looking forward for an answer here because as I see it, it's impossible to swap the speaker.
    10-21-09 06:06 PM
    So you ended up just purchasing a new one and installed it? Did that work fine?
    10-21-09 07:31 PM
    So you ended up just purchasing a new one and installed it? Did that work fine?
    Well, just bought it here on ebay so now the waiting starts.

But as I see it, isn't that easy to replace it so I'm really looking forward to see some answers! And there should be answers because none of the new housings do have this speaker installed.
    10-22-09 02:58 AM
    If you find an answer would appreciate it if you could share it!

Thanks
    10-22-09 04:18 AM
    Got my 8900 in today. Going to install it now. I will report back in a few
    10-22-09 01:06 PM
    Welll. I think I'm about to smash my 8900
    10-22-09 01:38 PM
    Welll. I think I'm about to smash my 8900
    Really?! what happened?!
    10-22-09 03:03 PM
    Really?! what happened?!
    Blew another speaker. I give up. I'll be using my iPhone until the 9700 comes to Rogers. 8900 has disappointed me enough.
    10-22-09 03:06 PM
    Blew another speaker. I give up. I'll be using my iPhone until the 9700 comes to Rogers. 8900 has disappointed me enough.
    That sucks dude! seems really no one in this world knows how to change the freaking speaker!!!
    10-24-09 01:55 AM
    how did you blow the speaker again? the first time i swapped it i blew the speaker by ripping the plastic that covers it. then it wouldnt work because theres a rubber piece you have to transfer over to the new backplate that pushes the speaker closer to the connectors. i know this because i messed up the first time. so i ordered a new backplate with a new speaker. plus i recently did a friends 8900 to all white and transfered the speaker with the rubber piece to the new backplate and it works like a charm.
    10-24-09 05:00 PM
    Haha same happened with me, but I also managed to break the camera flash thing that makes contact with the speaker. Superglued for now till the new chassis comes in the mail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 05:32 PM
    how did you blow the speaker again? the first time i swapped it i blew the speaker by ripping the plastic that covers it. then it wouldnt work because theres a rubber piece you have to transfer over to the new backplate that pushes the speaker closer to the connectors. i know this because i messed up the first time. so i ordered a new backplate with a new speaker. plus i recently did a friends 8900 to all white and transfered the speaker with the rubber piece to the new backplate and it works like a charm.
    Where did you order? please tell me more!!
    10-27-09 01:57 PM
    i think the best thing to do is to look on line and find a cheap bb8900 speaker. hope thats some help
    10-27-09 09:09 PM
    I just ordered a speaker off ebay and now after reading these posts, I'm really nervous to change it! Has anyone had success in changing the speaker?!
    04-15-10 11:41 PM
    Nope, Its Something else cause I bought a Full OEM Housing And changed it out And Didn't touch the speaker and it already sounded blown from the git go,...So I opened up my old housing and removed that cover then took out the old speaker and swapped it,it sounded better but still making a rattle noise, maybe some 3M adhesive or rubber cement would do the trick?
    04-25-10 04:01 AM
    Okay so I rolled my OS back to the t-Mobile 4.6.231 and The Speaker Lost the Crackle!!! Sounds Clear as a Bell, Maybe it takes a OS Reinstall for the new hardware to be reset...Just speculating though.
    04-25-10 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD