Hello guys

My blackberry 8900 isnt charging anymore. I tried different chargers from friends and nothing worked. Even USB data cable doesn't work. The battery is Ok because I could recharge it separately in other phones.

the indicator of charging goes on for 2 seconds when I pull out the charger from the phone. I ordered another original wall charger and I will see whether it would work or not.

Help guys.
    10-28-09 10:54 AM
    Dude I hope your warranty is still in effect or you have insurance because the same thing happened to me a yr. & a half ago with my old 8320 & had to dish out a little over $150 to fix because of lack of insurance. If you have insurance them send it (your berry) back & you'll get one for $110 from your carrier or at least my carrier (t-mobile) charges $110 for replacement.
    10-28-09 11:11 AM
    Could it be a bad USB port? Can you connect your 8900 via USB to your computer, will it get recognized? If yes, maybe one of the pins (particularly for voltage) isn't properly connected.

At any case if you don't have warranty/insurance, you have two options: charge your battery in a different phone (or separately in a standalone battery charger) or you can buy the charger pod accessory and charge your 8900 with that.
    10-28-09 11:39 AM
    Thanks guys for a reply. I dont have a warrenty however the phone is still new. it hasnt been working for a long period. when I connect it with the pc through USB, it is not recognized at all. I still think that there is something wrong with The MICRO usb interface that it has. but I cant fix it
    10-28-09 04:24 PM
    HI guys,

I have just received an original blackberry wall charger and it is working great. At last I feel gooooood
    11-02-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD