Just ordered my 8900! Funny story, i renewed my contract 3 weeks back and opted for the 8320 and then after researching i found it theres a newer model coming out and im like damn. So i end up returning it and giving the reason did not meet my expextations lol.. ill end up paying 299 which excluded the $100 mail in rebate. I have a few questions though

1) Anyone know how prompt the mail in rebate offer will be?

2) Are there different colors? they didnt ask me which color, so just curious.

3) I DIDNT OPT FOR THE DATA PLAN. IS WIFI SUFFICE?

4) I did the whole trade in your phone for $50 however i didnt get a package slip. what proof can i send instead and how many phones can i return?

Hah. i knows it alot of strange questions but im new to this and i love my new phone!!!
    01-26-09 07:27 PM

1) Anyone know how prompt the mail in rebate offer will be? I'm not sure, but someone with T-mobile and experience with their rebates should be able to help you

2) Are there different colors? they didnt ask me which color, so just curious. T-mobile USA has the "titanium" version which has a silver metallic looking plastic battery cover. Cnn.cn has different colors available.

3) I DIDNT OPT FOR THE DATA PLAN. IS WIFI SUFFICE? No, I would highly recommend a BIS plan.

4) I did the whole trade in your phone for $50 however i didnt get a package slip. what proof can i send instead and how many phones can i return? I think you send the label from the side of the box or at least a picture of it. I would call T-mobile and verify what they one. Someone else in the forums have have already done so and can reply. If you call, please let everyone else know what you were told.

Hah. i knows it alot of strange questions but im new to this and i love my new phone!!!
    Welcome to Crackberry!

See my answers above in bold font.
    01-26-09 07:57 PM
    2) Are there different colors? they didnt ask me which color, so just curious.
    You can now have the 8900 in any colour combo you like... ColorWare - BlackBerry Curve 2nd gen

Welcome to CrackBerry, and enjoy the 8900!
    01-26-09 08:28 PM
    It's been a couple of years since I did a mail in rebate with Tmobile, but I think it took about a month and a half for them to send me my rebate.
    01-26-09 11:42 PM
    It's been a couple of years since I did a mail in rebate with Tmobile, but I think it took about a month and a half for them to send me my rebate.
    Yeah, I -would- have gotten mine after 6 weeks too, however they screwed it up last time. I upgraded the phone for one of the other lines on my account, which it was listed as such on the rebate form, but they for some reason decided to change the phone number to my main line (mine) and sent a letter back 3 weeks later saying, "Sorry, you didn't qualify on that number." So I called them and straightened it out, took another 2 weeks to get it, but woweee.
    01-27-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD