Helllo,

I have a blackberry 8900 and it does not vibrate anymore. Even when I get I get a phone call it does not vibrate anymore. It used to vibrate when I used to receive phone phone calls and receive messages. But it does not vibrate anymore for any of these things. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 12:34 PM
    Did you check your active Profile to be sure it was still set to Vibrate when you received calls and messages... the active profile might have changed to something other then Vibrate.
    04-16-09 12:40 PM
    My active profile is set to loud and it used to vibrate before now it does not vibrate anymore

04-16-09 12:43 PM
    My active profile is set to loud and it used to vibrate before now it does not vibrate anymore

So, you when into to Advanced, selected Loud, hit your BB Menu button, selected Edit and opened the Phone and it is set to Vibrate, then did the same for all the others that you want it to vibrate???
    04-16-09 12:47 PM
    I set all of these things to vibrate. Even when the phone is set to vibrate the phone does not vibrate anymore. Can it be because of the the magnetic tmobile case I put the phone in? Can I fix this problem

04-16-09 01:05 PM
    So, you when into to Advanced, selected Loud, hit your BB Menu button, selected Edit and opened the Phone and it is set to Vibrate, then did the same for all the others that you want it to vibrate???
    I agree with Fatboy. I have inadvertently put phone in other mode by accidentally highlighting speaker icon and changing profile by mistake.
    04-16-09 01:06 PM
    The phone is set to loud and it used to vibrate. Now even on vibrate it does not vibrate anymore

I agree with Fatboy. I have inadvertently put phone in other mode by accidentally highlighting speaker icon and changing profile by mistake.
    04-16-09 01:09 PM
    I did a battery pull and still no luck any suggestions?

04-16-09 01:16 PM
    I set all of these things to vibrate. Even when the phone is set to vibrate the phone does not vibrate anymore. Can it be because of the the magnetic tmobile case I put the phone in? Can I fix this problem

Does this only happen while in the holster? Does it work properly OUT of the holster? If so, have you checked the holster settings in the section under the regular settings? It might be set to mute or other setting.
    04-16-09 02:57 PM
    Helllo,

I have a blackberry 8900 and it does not vibrate anymore. Even when I get I get a phone call it does not vibrate anymore. It used to vibrate when I used to receive phone phone calls and receive messages. But it does not vibrate anymore for any of these things. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

replaced the DD batteries.....
    04-16-09 03:04 PM
    replaced the DD batteries.....

lol, that was good
    04-16-09 03:11 PM
    This is serious guys. And @ PCgirl it does not vibrate at all in or out of a holster

04-16-09 05:04 PM
    Call T-Mobile's CS - 611 on your 8900... tell them of the issue and say you need a new phone... in the first year it will cover under warranty.
    04-16-09 05:18 PM
    This is serious guys. And @ PCgirl it does not vibrate at all in or out of a holster

Lighten up some.... you know it takes less muscles to smile and more muscles to frown....
    04-16-09 05:41 PM
    try to reinstall your os... or upgrade
    04-16-09 07:01 PM
    try to reinstall your os... or upgrade
    Ill try this as soon as I get home and for a new replacement phone I don't want a refurbished phone. Ill do that if it is my last resort

04-16-09 07:16 PM
    I received my new 8900 yesterday and I haven't been able to get it to vibrate at all. TMobile says to wipe the handheld and if it doesn't work then they will have to replace. The problem I have with the replacement is that I had a 8320 which was defective and they sent 2 replacements before the 8900. I just want it to vibrate when I'm at work
    07-01-09 01:53 PM
    I received my new 8900 yesterday and I haven't been able to get it to vibrate at all. TMobile says to wipe the handheld and if it doesn't work then they will have to replace. The problem I have with the replacement is that I had a 8320 which was defective and they sent 2 replacements before the 8900. I just want it to vibrate when I'm at work
    Did you change the Profile to Vibrate mode?
    07-01-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD