I have an 8900 running 4.6.1.114 with t-mobile. I have never seen or used Blackberry messenger. It is not on my device (I looked through all icons, including hidden ones). It does not appear anywhere on my desktop application loader. I know there is a link on the blackberry.com/messenger site, but that version only works with old OSs.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get Blackberry messenger onto my 8900?

Thanks.
    04-30-09 10:45 AM
    You have data services right? You can check out m.crackberry.com in your mobile browser and there is an OTA page and BBM might be on there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 10:51 AM
    Bbm doesn't have an OTA option. You have to download it from BlackBerry's site and install with DM. Or you can reinstall your OS, or upgrade your OS. If you do have it, and you should, it'd be in your IM folder.
    'S

04-30-09 10:54 AM
    You need to install it with DM
    04-30-09 01:49 PM
    I have an 8900 running 4.6.1.114 with t-mobile. I have never seen or used Blackberry messenger. It is not on my device (I looked through all icons, including hidden ones). It does not appear anywhere on my desktop application loader. I know there is a link on the blackberry.com/messenger site, but that version only works with old OSs.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get Blackberry messenger onto my 8900?

Thanks.
    Just for good measure, you did check your applications that are installed on your device? Options>advanced options>applications. If it's listed, it might be in your "Instant Messaging" folder.

Just in case you haven't done so.
    04-30-09 01:59 PM
    Bbm doesn't have an OTA option. You have to download it from BlackBerry's site and install with DM. Or you can reinstall your OS, or upgrade your OS. If you do have it, and you should, it'd be in your IM folder.
    'S

Thanks for this. I guess it has to be done through DM, but where do I get the file to load into DM? I am not interested in reinstalling my whole OS, just to get messenger. Can someone give me a link to the download?

Thanks.
    04-30-09 02:26 PM
    Thanks for this. I guess it has to be done through DM, but where do I get the file to load into DM? I am not interested in reinstalling my whole OS, just to get messenger. Can someone give me a link to the download?

Thanks.
    You don't have to really re-install your OS on your phone. Install the OS on your PC so that when you connect your phone to DM, it will recognize your current OS on your PC. That way it will give you the BBM option of installing.
    04-30-09 02:28 PM

Thanks.
    just run DM and add app it should be available to download just check mark it off
    04-30-09 02:32 PM

Thanks.
    There was no place I could find it. I had to Re install my OS thats the only way I could get it back.... if you reload. I had to downgrade and then upgrade! Just figured this out Monday cause mine was missing! if you can't select it in the app loader then downgrade then upgrade!
    04-30-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD