Hi fellow crackberrians

I've searched for this topic anywhere but couldnt find a really legitimate answers.

I loved everything of my bb, except one thing.. which is photo auto-sizing ability of blackberry messenger !!

I stored a lot of my photos taken by my digital camera, and everytime I tried to send those to my friends via bb messenger, the dimension was always auto converted to squarish... (except if i send photos taken by bb camera)

Anyone experienced this too ?
    Anyone have thoughts on how to overcome this problem ?
    Anyone knows what is the maximum resolution and file size for photo over bbm?
    03-31-09 07:10 AM

ORIGINAL

AUTO-SIZE by BBM
    03-31-09 07:16 AM
    It's automatic and can't be changed. This is because RIM doesn't want to flood their servers with huge pics. Even MMS downgrades pic quality. Best way to send and preserve is email.
    03-31-09 09:38 AM
    the maximum allowable xfer via BBM is 15kB, photos will downsized to meet this restriction.
    03-31-09 10:30 AM
    how about pixel limitations ?
    so everytime i want to send i could resize the pix so the recipient could receive it right...
    04-01-09 03:48 AM
    Nobody have any words ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 03:04 PM
    The 2 photos you posted are the same proportions, nothing was cut off, just different filesizes. That's why they send so fast. If you send a truly square pic it'll stay square, etc. Don't pay attention to the little tiny thumbnail you get on BBM, that' just a thumbnail.
    04-06-09 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD