call me stupid but after recieving the 8900 curve this morning..my bb messenger doesnt work. i add a pin contact and it says pending...but the person i have added doesn receive the request ( i know becoz i rang her) so i ask her to add my pin..and the same happens she sees a pending sign but i get nothing. after ringing T-Mobile they confirm that my bb services are active..so can anyone HELP???
    04-29-09 02:42 PM
    send me a request
    04-29-09 02:45 PM
    resend the service books, and then do a battery pull. that should do the trick.
    04-29-09 02:47 PM
    i had this problem, delete the request then add the pin to the persons contact information in the address book, then go back to bbm and add contact then type the persons name in and it will give you the choice to add their pin this way
    04-29-09 03:24 PM
    also do u have data and if so is it active with your carrier. without data bbm wont work.
    04-29-09 03:44 PM
    Hi All,

Obama i added you. Nothing.
    Menace- I dont know wot resend the service books means LOL
    C Is For Crackberry. I did what you said and still nothing.
    Theanswer3- Surely if i didnt have data T-mobile would tell me..or am i missing something.
    Any More Advice?
    Thanks Guys.
    04-30-09 07:22 AM
    Also when i add a contact...my bb vibrates and i get a message sound? its almost as if the request is being sent to me but i get no message..IM CONFUSED
    04-30-09 07:25 AM
    Hi All,

Obama i added you. Nothing.
    Menace- I dont know wot resend the service books means LOL
    C Is For Crackberry. I did what you said and still nothing.
    Theanswer3- Surely if i didnt have data T-mobile would tell me..or am i missing something.
    Any More Advice?
    Thanks Guys.
    carter have you and your contacts tried exchanging pin to pin messages to see if that works? If you don't know what that is go to your messages folder and hit menu>compose pin. Just copy and paste their pin number(s) into the field wheere it asks for that info and send them a message that way. If that works then there should not be a problem with BBM. One other thing are you guys making sure you have the correct pin number(s)? I will say this...everytime I didn't have a successful attempt on BBM it was because the pin number wasn't added to the address book.
    04-30-09 07:37 AM
    I had the same problem with an 8320, I did everything humanly possible to get it to work but nothing I ended up getting a new device.
    04-30-09 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD