I gave my brand new phone the initial 12 hour charge earlier today and then tonight, when i was adding things to the memory card via USB (60 Minutes or so), I noticed that the phone had charged back up. From what I understand, you're supposed to let the phone run down, after the first charge. Do you guys think this could have a bad outcome as far as battery life in the future is concerned?
    04-30-09 03:59 AM
    You aren't supposed to do full drain/full charge with the lith ion batteries.
    04-30-09 04:01 AM
    No worries. You can pretty much abuse Li-Ion batteris. What you should do with them is to fully chage 'em for about 12-16 hours and then just use the phone normally. If you discharged it fully then that will not matter cuz you charged it right after.

Take a look at this if you really want to know how it all works with batteries How to prolong lithium-based batteries.
    04-30-09 05:53 AM
    The one thing you dont want to do with the Li-Ion batteries is let them run all the way down.... charge whenever you want!!!
    04-30-09 08:59 AM
    I can see you already have some very good advice here already... nothing to add!!!
    04-30-09 10:04 AM
    The one thing you dont want to do with the Li-Ion batteries is let them run all the way down.... charge whenever you want!!!
    Clint would know this because of all the T O Y S he owns sick puppy this guy is.
    04-30-09 01:19 PM
    Clint would know this because of all the T O Y S he owns sick puppy this guy is.
    LOL...... no because I have to do lots of research because you will never do a SEARCH!!!!

LOL
    04-30-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD