Hey all,

I've searched the threads and seen nothing exactly conclusive. So please bear with me.

I've had my 8900 for about 8-9 months now, working great.

All of a sudden I noticed mid afternoon my battery life was ~50%, when I started the morning with a full battery. A couple of hours later and I was receiving the low battery notification.

I turned off any extraneous radio and confirmed that no extra apps were running.

I reset my blackberry, battery pulled and then tried it again.

After waiting for a full charge overnight, I took the phone out for a spin again today and similar results. The next time I checked, ~30-40% of the battery was drained. about 4 hours later the battery was at a critical level.

Typical battery life the day before this initially happened was MAYBE 1-2 bars gone by the end of a typical work day (obviously depending on e-mail and messaging activity). I made NO changes to my blackberry

Am I missing something or will I just have to get a new battery?

Thanks in advance!
    02-16-10 12:01 AM
    I'm feeling a new battery is in order...BUT

A) Have you updated your os? Some os versions I find to be VERY battery intensive in certain apps whereas other os versions, not so much.

B) Are you going anywhere different (moved offices, working at a remote location, vacation, etc)? If the radio is constantly searching for signal then it will drain FAST.

Just some thoughts.
    02-16-10 01:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD