03-09-09 02:11 AM
65 123
tools
    Word wrap?
    I explicitly mentioned that word wrap has still not been addressed yet. Is it working for you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 09:51 PM
    Of course it was a simple answer to a simple question. He asked about upgrading and the benefits from upgrading. The less the core applications are using the less the processor is running for the same commands. Its like your computer. You have your RAM and your processor. your device memory. The thing about computers is that even though it uses RAM it has cache or page filing, which your device doesnt use. So having more RAM, or device memory is gonna enable for your programs to run better, and the less processes you have the better. So Gaining more MEMORY will inturn make your device run smoothly cause your not using your RAM. its not that difficult
    How does not using RAM equate to running more smoothly? If it's not being used, it's not giving you anything
    03-08-09 09:51 PM
    My first car back in 1987 was a '68 Nova, nothing wrong with it but 2 years later with a job I bought a '89 Honda CRX Si, then a '90 Civic Si, then a '94 Civic EX Coupe, '96 Impala SS then a '03 G35 6MT Coupe and a '72 Chevy truck just for kicks... Nothing was wrong with any of these cars, but upgrading certainly has been nice...
    03-08-09 09:59 PM
    bleh, im going to go watch the rest of Harry Potter -.-
    03-08-09 10:06 PM
    I read your post and FULLY understood it; Im not three years old. There was a questionmark after 'word wrap'. This means, what IS "word wrap"?

I explicitly mentioned that word wrap has still not been addressed yet. Is it working for you?

03-08-09 10:19 PM
    I read your post and FULLY understood it; Im not three years old. There was a questionmark after 'word wrap'. This means, what IS "word wrap"?
    Sorry-- I misunderstood your question then.

To answer, the 8900 OS's have a word wrapping issue when trying to type text in certain text boxes, in that the text will never actually wrap onto the next line once you hit the right margin. So essentially, the issue is that we just continuously type in one single line.

Edit: For the record, I never assumed you were "3" (or immature for that matter). The way your question was stated could have been taken in 2 ways (i.e. word wrap, perhaps? or what is word wrap?). I obviously assumed the wrong one..
    Last edited by Taryon; 03-08-09 at 10:49 PM.
    03-08-09 10:45 PM
    Update working beautifully....bump in mem from 108Mb to 125Mb (I got a few themes (6) loaded on there). Download and actual upgrade/install was blazing!! Ringtones are about the same. I'll check back with more details....Youtube works although the resolution is absolutely awful. That Vanilla Ice video was kinda funny, though....
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 03-08-09 at 10:56 PM.
    03-08-09 10:47 PM
    Taryon,

I think I read something about that a while back, but didnt remember it. Thank you for clearing that up.
    03-08-09 10:48 PM
    Taryon,

I think I read something about that a while back, but didnt remember it. Thank you for clearing that up.
    My pleasure
    03-08-09 10:49 PM
    Oh and BTW, I dont have that problem. Mine skips down to the next line the way its supposed to.
    03-08-09 10:51 PM
    Good one more user who won't slow my download. Thanks! Spread your word!

LMAO..

To the TS: Like another poster said, there may not be any problems with your phone, but many features can be further improved, like battery life, quicker camera response, etc.
    03-08-09 10:55 PM
    You guys/gals who are upgrading your OS because you hope your camera focuses quicker must be taking a lot of pictures of moving objects!
    03-08-09 11:20 PM
    Interesting thoughts from the OP. I am currently downloading the .174, anxiously awaiting the chance to upgrade my device, yet again. Just now I asked myself the same question, "Why do I like to tweak and update my device so much?"

Well, here's how I feel about it. I think it's exciting to find ways to improve my already highly functioning 8900. I never just leap right in and upgrade without studying out the threads of others testing it. But once I am confident it's an overall good OS... you bet I am gonna be right on top of it! Why not?

In other words, you are fine sticking to your original OS, but one of the biggest reasons I belong to Crackberry is because I love technology, and specifically blackberry technology. I'm here to learn more about it, find ways to improve my experience... and upgrading my OS is in my opinion a necessity to learn and improve.

In the words of Forrest Gump, "... and that's all I got to say about it."
    I totally agree. Well said.
    03-08-09 11:31 PM
    Explain the crackberry word and ull know why are we brave upgrade warriors are here in this site for..

03-08-09 11:48 PM
    You all make some valuable points. Thank you everyone, I am sure somewhere down the road (when enough improvements have accrued) I will do an update! I'll let ya'll know how it goes!
    03-09-09 02:11 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD