Just a quick question! What attachments are supported by the black berry browser?? I tried opening 2 attachments that were sent to my email today on my 8900 and I wasn't able to open either of them. They attachments were both firefox links to other websites. Does anyone know what attachments are support by the BB browser and if there is a better browser in App World that I should download?

Thanks!!
    06-30-09 09:42 PM
    anyone ?
    07-01-09 04:39 AM
    Most picture formats, MS Office, PDF, RTF, and some audio files will open with no problem at all. Depending on how the link was send (i.e. was it a link that had any kind of special meaning to Firefox), it probably won't open. If it's just a website link, you might want to restart your BB because there might be an issue.
    07-01-09 04:42 AM
    Yes, most MS Office documents (Word, Excel... I think PPT are as well), and most any multimedia... but what is a Firefox link??? A link is a link is a link... you should be able to go to any website a link sends you to... but if it's a link to download a file it should be ok.... but a BIG NO to any type of EXECUTABLE (.exe file)!!!
    07-01-09 07:13 AM
    when you send a link to your phone from an email.... make sure you hit enter after the link in your email or else it will not be a hyper link. Then in your BB you just have to click on the link.
    07-01-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD