02-04-09 03:50 PM
53 123
tools
    looking for the updated version
    02-01-09 07:35 AM
    Nope, no that I know of. Going off the website it still is showing 4.6 as the *New* version.

Plazmic
    02-01-09 11:19 AM
    We have all been waiting for it... CB Blogs and/or BlackberryNews will most likely tell us when it comes out first. I can't wait to make a today theme for my 8900... I'll probably have one put together in a few hours, or less.
    02-01-09 11:34 AM
    I'm sure when it comes out, you'll see it plastered over CB and other Blackberry blogs, so you'll know for sure.

I can't wait. I'm getting a little tired of the themes on my 8900.
    02-01-09 12:09 PM
    I'm sure when it comes out, you'll see it plastered over CB and other Blackberry blogs, so you'll know for sure.

I can't wait. I'm getting a little tired of the themes on my 8900.
    I'm more than a LITTLE tired lol. I'm at the point of frustration. While I'm ok with the 2 themes, I'm really looking forward to some of the themes out there for the bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 01:03 PM
    i actually want the today plus theme plazmic needs to hurry up both my storm and 8900 want a new theme
    02-01-09 01:36 PM
    seem like the software dev all went vacation and not back yet
    everyone seem to be wait very anxious
    02-01-09 02:20 PM
    Anyone remember when the BB Bold was first released... not to AT&T, because we all know how long that took, but first released somewhere in the World??? I don't recall.

The reason for the question is because the last version of Plazmic I believe was released in Oct of 2008. I'm actually wandering if this would be a good time-line for the next release of Plazmic.

After all we know T-Mobile Germany was the first to see 8900, and if memory serves me correctly I think that was the end of November of 2008.
    02-01-09 03:34 PM
    cant wait for it to come

i want a windows mobile 7 theme

something like that

or even the theme that came on the HTC Touch

that theme is dope
    02-01-09 05:35 PM
    I'm really angry at the lack of a bloody Today theme, it's just not good enough for a business phone.

I've had to moth ball the 8900 and use my Bold as I rely heavily on the Today theme.

Come on RIM for gods sake!
    02-01-09 05:40 PM
    hey all. sorry i'm new to this, but what is the plazmic?
    02-01-09 05:41 PM
    I'm really angry at the lack of a bloody Today theme, it's just not good enough for a business phone.

I've had to moth ball the 8900 and use my Bold as I rely heavily on the Today theme.

The 8900 needs a Today theme and mine is parked in favor of the Bold....for now
    02-01-09 08:26 PM

Yeah... I have missed more than one appointment or meeting because I don't have it staring at me on my home screen. To me, the Today or Today Plus theme is critical! Thank goodness we have theme developer enthusiasts just waiting on the edge of their seats to get them to us as soon as the new program is released.
    02-01-09 08:30 PM
    Welcome to our world! Storm users have been waiting longer.

02-01-09 09:24 PM
    Welcome to our world! Storm users have been waiting longer.

Well... you are right, but only just a little bit longer It's a waiting game for all of us, I guess. Maybe we should apply the principle of the "Squeaky Wheel?" You know, the squeaky wheel gets the oil! So let's keep whining and maybe someone will get moving on this.
    02-01-09 09:32 PM
    I just cannot understand how RIM, who target their phones at business users, don't have appointments shown on the home screen.

It's a glaring oversight and I'm seriously tempted to return the 8900 as unfit for purpose.
    02-02-09 03:58 PM
    It is definitely a glaring oversight, but I remember when I first go my 8100, we had to wait almost a year or more before there were any other themes, including date plus.

I'm keeping the 8900 though and waiting patiently, although RIM should have had this out with release.
    02-02-09 04:39 PM
    It not a "glaring oversight", just a matter of convenience. You guys act like the calendar application is missing but it is not. All you have to do is make a few additional clicks to open your calendar and view your daily agenda. Its really not that big of a deal.
    02-02-09 05:35 PM
    It is a glaring oversight to me, maybe not to you, but it is to me.

I'm not asking for anything too difficult, even crappy Nokia's give you the option to see your appointments and reminders on the homescreen.
    02-02-09 05:57 PM
    This "glaring oversight" may be your opinion but it is not a fact. I have no problems if that is your opinion but you presented that opinion as though it was a fact. Which it is not.
    02-02-09 06:05 PM
    This was a "fact of life" with a brand new Blackberry. Look at how long it took for Plazmic to come out with it's new version to support the Bold... No, I'm not talking about how long it took to come out after AT&T released the Bold - we all know AT&T took way too long to release the Bold - I'm talking about when RIM released it to the World, which was a long time before AT&T released it.

I knew when I bought the 8900 it would take a while to see a new theme created by myself or someone else.... if it all was dependent on having a theme I would have purchased a Bold... shoot you can't even get a theme for the Storm yet.
    02-02-09 06:15 PM
    In the meantime, "L"-key should open the calendar from the homescreen (assuming you've disabled "Dial from Homescreen" in your phone options).
    02-02-09 06:16 PM
    This "glaring oversight" may be your opinion but it is not a fact. I have no problems if that is your opinion but you presented that opinion as though it was a fact. Which it is not.
    It's a FACT that there is no Today screen on a phone targeted at business users.

How can you argue that?
    02-03-09 09:20 AM
    i actually wrote them to ask ..

and they said they cannot disclose this info:

"As a publicly traded company, Research In Motion cannot disclose this type of information."

understandable.. just thought i'd try haha.. good news is they got back to me in less then an hour ; >

can't wait!!
    02-03-09 09:27 AM
    It's a FACT that there is no Today screen on a phone targeted at business users.

How can you argue that?
    You are correct, the part about no "Today" theme being currently available is a fact but that is not in question. When you said that was a "glaring oversight" is when your opinion came into play. We can agree that the theme does not currently exist but do not agree that it is a "glaring oversight" so its clear part of your statement is fact and the other is opinion.
    02-03-09 10:34 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD