02-20-09 03:11 AM
32 12
tools
    Because the Curves are so popular and make money. They would rather make money now instead of waiting for the 3G version to come out. Then they can make even MORE money then. Why wouldn't they want to carry every popular phone possible? The Bold isn't going to please everyone.
    02-19-09 10:02 PM
    According to a rim rep att is getting the 8900 w no camera...I work for att and he said that's what he thoght but wasn't sure so well see

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All 8900's have the camera. . Att's will too

02-19-09 10:18 PM
    use a 8330 from alltel. I pretty happy with it but like some of you, I collect Blackberrys. At least the ones I like allot. I like the looks of the 8900 more than any of my BB's I have now. So far I have a 7100, Pearl, Pearl flip, Bold and a curve 8330.

I think I will hold off on the 8900 a few months and see if a 3G version is released. I jump carriers so often, the termination fee's are adding up.

Do you think its just a matter of time before a 8900 is released with 3G and how do you compare 3G to wifi?

Thanks in advance.

02-19-09 11:19 PM
    Why in the world would AT&T want a new NON-3G BlackBerry that is SO similar to the Bold?
    Cause not everyone needs 3G, for me at least it isn't a deal breaker

Aside from the keys, I'm not sure how the edge on att will function with the rumors of them cutting it going around.
    Edge is not going away anytime soon
    02-19-09 11:43 PM
    I understand that people like the Curve.... but the Bold is essentially the same thing. I know an AT&T rep and he and I had a discussion about this and said that AT&T doesn't really have interest in getting phones that are non-3G when they have the "largest 3G network". This was a convo we had before this even came out, by the way.
    02-20-09 12:06 AM
    I understand that people like the Curve.... but the Bold is essentially the same thing. I know an AT&T rep and he and I had a discussion about this and said that AT&T doesn't really have interest in getting phones that are non-3G when they have the "largest 3G network". This was a convo we had before this even came out, by the way.
    Although AT&T claims to have 3G almost everywhere there are plenty of areas even in Chicago that don't have 3G (like right above my apartment). I love the idea of being able to use voice and data at the same time, but I will take Edge battery life over 3G any day.
    02-20-09 12:43 AM
    First off AT&T reps don't know much, sorry. They only know what they need to sell phones. AT&T has interest in MAKING MONEY so they are going to carry anything that makes sales. They Bold and the Curve are NOT "essentially the same thing". Read through the comparison thread in my signature to see what I am talking about.
    02-20-09 03:11 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD