02-20-09 03:11 AM
32 12
tools
    I'm very impatiently waiting for ATT to get the new curve. So the news/rumors the other day about it..... Anyone heard anything else? The one post that suggested a possible release 3 weeks after the leak was very encouraging!!! Come on ATT...just do it. PLEASE
    02-18-09 08:42 PM
    I think someone here said mid to late March, from a "very reliable" source. I tend to think it is true though, because T-mobile has exclusivity on the 8900 and that lasts at least 30 days.
    02-18-09 09:30 PM
    Asked our inside AT&T rep today...he said that they are working on the release and the device is in carrier testing. It should be released no later then the end of March. One month to go.... He said this info was from his RIM rep.....
    02-18-09 09:44 PM
    played with the 8900 at T-Mobile the other day, absolutely loved it, and the red keys looked great (cmon AT&T just do it!)... been ranting about it to the girlfriend for months now, her response was "It's no different from the damn phone you have now".....women! If she only knew! lol....but I second that, AT&T pleaaaase release no later than March, after all, my 21st birthday is in March, what a present it will be (hopefully amongst other things).
    02-18-09 10:11 PM
    I have bad news for you, the AT&T device will have white keys, not red keys. For the red ones, you will have to purchase an different keyboard from cnn.cn.

Happy Birthday Early!!! I sure hope you never remember that birthday!
    02-18-09 11:50 PM
    I think someone here said mid to late March, from a "very reliable" source. I tend to think it is true though, because T-mobile has exclusivity on the 8900 and that lasts at least 30 days.
    Tmobile customers technically will only have it exclusively for a week and a half because of back order.
    02-19-09 01:04 AM
    Ah well, that's just how the ball bounces sometimes.
    02-19-09 01:05 AM
    Tmobile customers technically will only have it exclusively for a week and a half because of back order.
    And if AT&T was planning on releasing it that soon... which would be next week... I would have thought you'd heard something by now... my guess is it will be at the earliest in March.
    02-19-09 08:45 AM
    TC has the most recent info I've heard. Exactly what my source says. And if ATT learns from TMO and has plenty of stock they'll kill TMO in sales.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:17 AM
    I do agree on the stock issue...AT&T is usually smart enough to anticipate demand of a product when it comes to business. Since the 8900 is probably geared toward businesses in the initial release, they will have plenty to go around and thwart T-Mobiles sales.

ON another note - Whats with the WHITE key's anyway...why not leave good enough alone. SHEESH!
    02-19-09 11:23 AM
    That's awesome...thanks ya'll. March is WAY better than the initial last qtr of 09. Can't wait to get this phone!!!
    02-19-09 12:54 PM
    No 3G means I'm passing like CP3.
    02-19-09 04:52 PM
    played with the 8900 at T-Mobile the other day, absolutely loved it, and the red keys looked great (cmon AT&T just do it!)... been ranting about it to the girlfriend for months now, her response was "It's no different from the damn phone you have now".....women! If she only knew! lol....but I second that, AT&T pleaaaase release no later than March, after all, my 21st birthday is in March, what a present it will be (hopefully amongst other things).
    That's my b-day too! woohoo!
    But yeah, I wish I could upgrade in march as well. But my upgrade isn't even due till December, lol.
    But I hate the 3G-lessness of the 8900. I've got 3G on my current phone and wouldn't purchase a new phone without it. Guess i'll just wait on the magnum, or whatever they're gonna call the "3G curve."
    Last edited by EdwinaD; 02-19-09 at 05:14 PM.
    02-19-09 05:12 PM
    It is in carrier testing at the moment. The soonest you will see it is the end of March or early April.

02-19-09 05:17 PM
    What's everyone talking about red keys for? You mean the red numbers/speaker symbol on the black keys?

Anyway, so AT&T is going to have white keys with black lettering?
    02-19-09 06:25 PM
    According to a rim rep att is getting the 8900 w no camera...I work for att and he said that's what he thoght but wasn't sure so well see

02-19-09 06:37 PM
    the 8900 is nice.. i've played with my bf's.. but if you're ATT why not just get a 3G-compatible phone.. or wait for one that's similar to the 8900 with 3G? the data plan for 3G and 2G costs the same, so it'd just be more bang for the buck. i'm still on 2G though, and cant vouch for how good ATT's 3G network is..
    02-19-09 06:38 PM
    No, black key with white numbering. Probably something similar to the 83xx series.

If you look at the att bold, that has white numbers as well compared to the red numbers on the rogers bold.
    02-19-09 06:39 PM
    I will be shocked if it is released with no camera, not buying it.
    02-19-09 06:41 PM
    So, ATT will be getting the same keys as the Tmobile 8900? or same keys but the numbers/speaker symbol are white (just like the rest of the letters) instead of red?
    02-19-09 06:43 PM
    So, ATT will be getting the same keys as the Tmobile 8900? or same keys but the numbers/speaker symbol are white (just like the rest of the letters) instead of red?
    Not necessarily. I prefer the red numbers on black keys, but I've attached a picture of what it will probably look like.

Attachment 13923
    02-19-09 06:46 PM
    Oh, I see. I totally forgot about the split color keys.
    I hate the all white/silver keys on AT&T BBs. They always look dirty or worn.
    02-19-09 06:48 PM
    Aside from the keys, I'm not sure how the edge on att will function with the rumors of them cutting it going around.
    02-19-09 06:52 PM
    I'm SOOOO glad I ordered this Rogers 8900 when I did and didn't hold out for AT&T. I don't have to worry about missing any features.
    02-19-09 09:23 PM
    Why in the world would AT&T want a new NON-3G BlackBerry that is SO similar to the Bold?
    02-19-09 09:54 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD