I have an old Motorola Razr with 350 contacts and cannot figure out how to transfer them to my 8900. The Razr does not have a sim card so that is not an option. I have tried both Motorola Phone Tools and Blackberry Desktop and I am getting no where. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    06-24-09 02:53 PM
    Use Motorola Phone Tools to transfer the Contacts to your PC with Microsoft Outlook and once you got them in there then with Desktop Manager sync those to your BB. That's exactly what I did when I moved from my Razr to the BB and it worked perfectly.
    06-24-09 03:07 PM
    Another thought... all though I don't know if you can do this with Motorola's tools... see if you can export by creating a CSV file... I love using Gmail and you can import contacts into Gmail contact list and I love using GoogleSync to sync my email and calendar events with my BB... it might be more than what you are prepared to do, but it's another option.
    06-24-09 03:14 PM
    *cough* If you had bought the 8900 in T-mobile store, they could have transfered all of your contacts from your Razr. They did that for me with even a Verizon branded Alias to the 8900.
    06-24-09 03:18 PM
    *cough* If you had bought the 8900 in T-mobile store, they could have transfered all of your contacts from your Razr. They did that for me with even a Verizon branded Alias to the 8900.
    I did buy it a Tmobile store, they were unsure of how to do it.
    06-24-09 03:31 PM
    some of those guys are not that intelligent...(or TECH inclined)
    06-24-09 04:00 PM
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Way to put it "nice" Cilantro!
    06-24-09 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD