Another new Blackberry (9630,) how am I EVER gonna keep up?! What are the main features that my 8900 doesn't have? Does anyone have any info on this phone?
    03-05-09 05:59 PM
    There's ALWAYS going to be another Blackberry coming out. If you continue to wait, you will never get a device. Pick the one that is best for you now and enjoy it.
    03-05-09 06:04 PM
    'Niagara' BlackBerry Falling Toward Summer Release On Verizon? - Mobile Blog - InformationWeek i found this article. it will work on us gsm networks but you would have to buy an unlocked one and pay an arm and a leg for it. it looks slightly bigger than the 8900 and smaller than the bold
    03-05-09 06:06 PM
    oh and also it will NOT have wi fi so if you use that with your 8900 the 9630 wouldn't be for you
    03-05-09 06:07 PM
    Another new Blackberry... *sigh*

That's one of the reasons that I don't care my 8900 doesn't have 3G while at the same time AT&T is looking to phase out EDGE. Quite frankly, at this time next year, there will be the super duper double deluxe Blackberry 10000, and I will probably switch to that.

I've already admitted to myself that I will probably pay for a new Blackberry every 12 months... it's even in my yearly budget.
    03-05-09 06:41 PM
    UGH!!! I can't WAIT for the super duper double deluxe Blackberry 10000!!!!
    03-05-09 09:41 PM
    Another new Blackberry (9630,) how am I EVER gonna keep up?! What are the main features that my 8900 doesn't have? Does anyone have any info on this phone?
    Well the Main feature that the 9630 will have over the 8900, is Verizons service. Cant match T-Mobile with Verizon. I have the Storm and the 8900 and Verizons service is leaps and bounds over T-Mobiles. Thats traveling all the way up and down the East Coast. But GSM providers do have the ability of getting the phone unlocked, which is sweet. Ill have this 9630 to throw with my collection
    03-05-09 09:45 PM
    You can unlock CDMA phones.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:59 PM
    Well the Main feature that the 9630 will have over the 8900, is Verizons service. Cant match T-Mobile with Verizon. I have the Storm and the 8900 and Verizons service is leaps and bounds over T-Mobiles. Thats traveling all the way up and down the East Coast. But GSM providers do have the ability of getting the phone unlocked, which is sweet. Ill have this 9630 to throw with my collection
    That's certainly debatable, and not a feature of the device itself.
    03-05-09 10:01 PM
    Interesting , can't wait for new toy
    03-05-09 10:03 PM
    you dont need every new phone that comes out just get one that works for you
    03-05-09 10:26 PM
    It would be utterly impossible to keep up ANY "newest" item in any technology. It's just not realistic unless you're an A list celeb. Enjoy what you've got!

However, I can't wait for the Niagara to hit Verizon
    03-05-09 10:28 PM
    There's ALWAYS going to be another Blackberry coming out. If you continue to wait, you will never get a device. Pick the one that is best for you now and enjoy it.
    i learned that after 2 years of waiting.
    03-05-09 11:30 PM
    The newer phones aren't always better upgrades. They are just made for different people. I don't think I would upgrade to the Bold from the Curve if I could. For me the Curve is perfect.
    I agree with the others, you should look for the BB that fits your life best.
    03-05-09 11:30 PM
    I agree..all consumers are not created equal! All depends on what your needs and wants are. If you are waiting for the next best device, you very well may be waiting forever.

03-05-09 11:42 PM
    Well, since we are with T-Mobile, it is natural that we are 8900 users.

Most people that use the 9630 will definitely be Verizon.
    03-05-09 11:48 PM
    i learned that after 2 years of waiting.
    Then buy an iPhone. They wait forever to update until two weeks after you buy yours!
    03-06-09 12:14 AM
    I just always want new stuff...but dang. I can't be giving RIM alllll my money!

03-06-09 12:51 AM
    Another BB without wifi? I'm soooo glad I made the switch from verizon. I wouldn't be surprised if gps was also disabled to make you use their crappy vz navigator app.

03-06-09 01:23 AM
    VZW service is the worst i've seen... well second to sprint.... i've had tmo since they were voice stream and 0 -yes zero- problems with them. and i even ventured out and got a second line with sprint.... i wrote them a 3pg letter discribing the problems i had with their CS/service area/phones/prices. and they let me out of my contract, on account my wife is a paralegal and the lawyers she works for sent attachmens with my letter....
    03-06-09 08:44 AM
    new phones are always coming out. I will keep the 8900 for either 2 years or T-Mo comes out with a 3G Blackberry next year. I paid the extra $50 to be able to upgrade (full upgrade) again in 12 months just in case. Trying to keep up with gadgets will have you in the poor house. I bought a 1st Gen iPod Touch in December 2007 after it came out in September. Well what do you know, they came out with the 2nd Gen iPod Touch a year later. They're not much different but I sure would like to have that external speaker that the 2nd Gen iPod Touch has...sigh.
    03-06-09 09:47 AM
    Just check on here and do your research and youll know what you really want. I knew about the Javelin almost a year ago and decided it was gonna be my pick. Yeah theyre coming out with the 9630(Niagra, also mentioned last year btw) but hey thats a Verizon device, and im in love with TMO. So like Reggie said, ill most likely just wait until TMO comes out with a 3G BB but im waiting a while, I love this phone and ill be more then satisfied for ATLEAST another year
    03-06-09 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD