Hey,

Has anyone ordered their 8900 through amazon.com? I recently placed my order (first blackberry ever!) and was wondering how everyones experience was. Ive never purchased a cell phone service off amazon before, and was curious how the billing and stuff works with t mobile and amazon. Thanks!
    04-17-09 10:59 AM
    I got my Blackberry Bold on Amazon with At&T. The shipping will take a little longer than what they've stated in the shipping estimate. This is mainly due to getting authorization from AT&T for the account before shipping out the phone itself. So expect 2~3 days on top of the shipping estimate( it might be faster if you are renewing your service rather than transferring. In my case, i transferred from T-mobile to At&T when i did the purchase. Once you receive your phone from amazon, you will need to call T-mobile for an activation. It was rather straightforward but do note that the return could be a hassle since you will have to place a new order if your phone turns out to be faulty. That's pretty much about it.
    PS: Billing will come in mail just like regular billing unless you decide to go paperless. You should call T-mobile if you have any further questions.

Enjoy and welcome to the world of Addicts

Foresthump
    04-17-09 12:31 PM
    I got mine on Amazon. I didn't have any serious problems besides them not updating my order and putting the tracking info.. So I thought they hadn't shipped it in like a week but it got here on the scheduled date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 12:44 PM
    I bought mine from Amazon as well. No real problems, shipping took a little longer than I would have liked.

I was switching carriers to Tmobile. Once I got the phone, I just popped the new SIM and was good to go. Run through the usual blackberry startup for emails. I then called Tmobile to port my number, it took about 12 hours for calls to start coming to the new phone.
    04-17-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD