okay so i just bought the new 8900 from tmobile and cannot connect to wifi!!! it gives me reason W002 and W010. Basically saying it cant connect to my wifi. I dont have the data plan but i thought you could still connect to wifi. I know people who have at&t can use their bold to connect to wifi without a data plan. can anyone help??
    02-19-09 11:57 PM
    okay so i just bought the new 8900 from tmobile and cannot connect to wifi!!! it gives me reason W002 and W010. Basically saying it cant connect to my wifi. I dont have the data plan but i thought you could still connect to wifi. I know people who have at&t can use their bold to connect to wifi without a data plan. can anyone help??
    Not an expert, but it might be a configuration in your router that causes your phone not to detect the IP address.

There is a thread somewhere with a wifi walkthrough. You can search the forums.
    02-19-09 11:59 PM
    Just a thought, I'm no expert... you may want to check the encryption on your router... I know WEP requires a special key you can get from your routers home page... not sure if that's where you're having issues.
    02-20-09 12:56 AM
    Follow the WiFi guide link in my signature. If it still doesn't work, search and/or read through all the posts in that thread. I think it answers just about every question you can have about WiFi.
    02-20-09 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD