02-05-09 01:16 AM
34 12
tools
    Just wondering: Do you get ever get envious that you're not able to do certain things by not having a data plan, such being able to use BlackBerry Messenger or doing other things that require data?
    Ummm... Nope! First off, I don't use BB Messenger. Don't have much friends who actually has Data hahaha! I only use YM and MSN, which I'm always on line at work or at home

Any other thing I need to use regarding my phone with Data, I always have my own laptop and desktop. I could always do this over the net if I want to. Let's just say I'm not one of the guys that would die for Data on their BB LOL!
    02-03-09 02:52 PM
    Ummm... Nope! First off, I don't use BB Messenger. Don't have much friends who actually has Data hahaha! I only use YM and MSN, which I'm always on line at work or at home

Any other thing I need to use regarding my phone with Data, I always have my own laptop and desktop. I could always do this over the net if I want to. Let's just say I'm not one of the guys that would die for Data on their BB LOL!
    Well...whatever works for you...
    02-03-09 02:56 PM
    I'm without Data and I seem to go well without it. I do plan to get one. That is when it goes down to $10 a month hahaha! Seriously, FOR ME (just to clear things out and not get into a heated debate with others), I don't necessarily need Data... for now. I'm good with Wi-Fi. I have access both at home and at the office. Outside the coverage area... I treat it as any simple phone. If they need to contact me, call me. No fancy email to check if I need to. Or even browse the net in the middle of downtown (or even nowhere haha). I just want the phone because it looks good. I'm actually enjoying my phone right now. Having no Data doesn't kill your BB. It just limits it. I betcha' you were ok with your old phones back then when Data wasn't invented. You lived through with it right?! What's the difference now? And I betcha someone's going to react to this comment saying "Here's the difference!", but that's not my point LOL! Anyways, enjoy what you have right now! You've got all the time in the world if you ever decide to get Data
    Yeah and we used to survive with regular old tube/analog tv until you see HDTV for the first time. Can't go back to the regular old tv. Perfect example, dropped my old 8700 in water, killed it. I quickly filed an insurance claim and paid my deductible ($90). They sent me a new one over nite. I still have a Razr that I used til the replacement got there. That was the longest/miserable 24 hrs in my life without my BB w/ data plan...lol.
    02-03-09 02:57 PM
    I still have a Razr that I used til the replacement got there. That was the longest/miserable 24 hrs in my life without my BB w/ data plan...lol.
    I love RAZR!!! I buy my phone depending on the brand and how it actually gave me a good experience using it. I use to love Nokia back when the days Nokia was the IN-THANG. But now, since there's so many brands coming out of the market, I tested several brands. Moto was the best that I ever had. Yeah it has some flaws, but man, it's unbreakable! HAHAHA! I had my first Moto for 2yrs running, and still is. I had drop countless of times and still works! I even challenged one of my friend to throw the his and my phone on against the wall and I won hahaha! It was fun having my Moto
    02-03-09 03:05 PM
    I love RAZR!!! I buy my phone depending on the brand and how it actually gave me a good experience using it. I use to love Nokia back when the days Nokia was the IN-THANG. But now, since there's so many brands coming out of the market, I tested several brands. Moto was the best that I ever had. Yeah it has some flaws, but man, it's unbreakable! HAHAHA! I had my first Moto for 2yrs running, and still is. I had drop countless of times and still works! I even challenged one of my friend to throw the his and my phone on against the wall and I won hahaha! It was fun having my Moto
    I still have my Razr and 8700 just in case something happens. I used to love my Razr too, til I got my BB....lol!
    02-03-09 03:33 PM
    It's hard to see myself without data, like Reggie said. I'm having a great time with these blackberries, I also like the additional functionality WiFi gives us. I think of WiFi only as 2 dimensional, but I've forgotten how much fun these devices are, even when limited. The person I sold my 8320 to is having a lot of fun after I showed her how to set up and use WiFi. If you can't afford data or are satisfied with WiFi alone, more power to you. Enjoy yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 09:19 PM
    I just thought of one more important thing we didn't really mention about WiFi only and no data plan. If you find yourself in a vehicle and you want to look something up, you will not have access to WiFi at this point so you will not have data. Same thing goes if you are doing anything outdoors and need to look something up. This may not be important to everyone but it is definitely something to consider. Think of it as how limited you are with a laptop (assuming you don't have a cellular card in your laptop).
    02-04-09 11:54 PM
    Ummm... Nope! First off, I don't use BB Messenger. Don't have much friends who actually has Data hahaha!
    Exactly. the people who say that data is a must-have are people who know others with smartphones or need their email at all times for work. I don't know anyone with a BB or a phone with internet. ****, my family doesn't even have text messaging lol. So some of the features in a BB are somewhat useless (like BBM). Having said that, I think BBs are the best phones to get no matter what, even if you only use texting, just because the phone is so well-built and is extremely fast... try composing a SMS on a dumbphone (even with a QWERTY) and try on a BB, the BB will be much faster.

So you shouldn't feel like you're missing out because everyone tells you you are. It's just that it's a consensus view of BB users that data is a must-have just because your typical BB user has a lot more needs
    02-05-09 12:58 AM
    Exactly. the people who say that data is a must-have are people who know others with smartphones or need their email at all times for work. I don't know anyone with a BB or a phone with internet. ****, my family doesn't even have text messaging lol. So some of the features in a BB are somewhat useless (like BBM). Having said that, I think BBs are the best phones to get no matter what, even if you only use texting, just because the phone is so well-built and is extremely fast... try composing a SMS on a dumbphone (even with a QWERTY) and try on a BB, the BB will be much faster.

So you shouldn't feel like you're missing out because everyone tells you you are. It's just that it's a consensus view of BB users that data is a must-have just because your typical BB user has a lot more needs
    Yea, I can sympathize and see where you guys are coming from because I do not use BBM either because no one else I know has a BB. Most people I know just use the text messaging and some in my family have just learned how to SMS recently. Plus my business pays for my Blackberry data plan, so I don't really worry about the cost. I do need my emails during the day, even when I am traveling so WiFi doesn't really cut it for that. I also use Instant Messaging daily while I am traveling so I need that on the phone on demand also. But each person is different and have different needs.

I am however converting some people as quickly as I can. I got my business partner a Blackberry just last month so that is good. My other business partner likes his Windows Mobile device, whatever. I think I convinced my brother away from the iPhone and towards a Blackberry (YAY!! ) as he is getting a new phone soon. Showing off the 8900 really does make it easy. My wife also has my old 8310. She only uses it for talking and SMS texting but all she really cares about is the full keyboard anyway. At least I have her using a Blackberry so that is great. I had to get her a white housing replacement and also a Winnie the Pooh theme but that's just how that goes.
    02-05-09 01:16 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD