Ok, so I'll try to make this as short as possible but, it's kinda long.

The other day, I was searching eBay and I saw a listing for an 8900 and the listing said that it would work on VZW, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mob and every carrier bc it was unlocked, but I knew it wouldn't work on VZW or Sprint because they're CDMA and the 8900 is GSM only, so I sent the seller a message to give him a heads up that it wouldn't work on VZW or Sprint. Just spreading around the Crackberry knowledge.

Then, the seller responds with a nasty message about how he tested it on AT&T and everything worked (obviously) and he also tested it on VZW (impossible). So I asked him how he tested it on VZW and he said that if I was the highest bidder he would've told me but I didn't bid on it, because i already have a Storm, that I love, so he wouldn't tell me. He said that his aunt works for RIM and I quote, "there's a lot of things consumers don't know."

Can someone please give me some information on this because I don't even know what this whackjob is talking about! If anyone has an eBay account, feel free to send him a message, because he was very rude and I'll PM you his username. Thanks!
    06-19-09 11:35 PM
    LOL, that funny.
    06-19-09 11:36 PM
    hahaha, unless RIM put a cdma antenna in the 8900 and gave it an MEID .. well .. okay lets just say its impossible! lol
    06-19-09 11:39 PM
    If you believe this guy then you deserve to lose your money to him!
    06-19-09 11:39 PM
    If you believe this guy then you deserve to lose your money to him!
    Hah! Nope! I wasn't planning on bidding on it, I just like to look at them. Weird, I know.

I knew he was wrong. Thank you Crackberry addicts for proving my point.
    06-19-09 11:45 PM
    Aww I saw this and I got sll excited! I loc that phone!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-19-09 11:46 PM
    Aww I saw this and I got sll excited! I loc that phone!

Haha Sorry!
    06-19-09 11:49 PM
    Do Verizon storms come with SIMs for roaming like they do for Telus? That could be the only way a 8900 could Lwork with Verizon", I.e. Roam using a verizon sim in another country, lol

06-20-09 07:23 AM
    Do Verizon storms come with SIMs for roaming like they do for Telus? That could be the only way a 8900 could Lwork with Verizon", I.e. Roam using a verizon sim in another country, lol

No, its not possible. Verizon does not use a SIM card as it is a CDMA device. The Storm is a "world" device because it can support both CDMA and GSM networks. The SIM card slot on the Storm is for GSM network usage (ie not Verizon's network).
    06-20-09 11:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD