I got my 8900 about 6-7 weeks ago and so far I absolutely love it and had no problem, well until today....It was full charge and working fine this morning, I went to work and left the phone in my purse for 8 hrs while I was at work, and when I tried to turn it on after work, nothing happened. I tired soft reset as this happened once before and I had to do was to pull out battery and place it back in. But this time, no luck. Battery pull didn't work, I've tried to charge ( hoping it was battery problem), but doesn't do anything. Called T-mobile and they don't know what's wrong either so they will send me a new one within a few days.....but mean while I am without my be loved 8900

Have anyone experienced samething? I am glad that I am getting a new phone ( Though it could be refurb and that will suck big time) but I love to and need to know why this happened so I can prevent it. Does anyone know what could be the reason other than possibility of manufacturer defect?
    06-16-09 04:08 AM
    I'm sorry to hear about your BlackBerry but I'm guessing ot could be a defect..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 04:57 AM
    Sounds like my boyfriend.

06-16-09 08:06 AM
    Lazerus... i thought you where married!!!
    06-16-09 08:31 AM
    Lazerus... i thought you where married!!!
    What does that have to do with anything!?

@OP - Leave your phone plugged into your wall charger for a few hours or so and then check on it and see if the battery stored any charge.
    06-16-09 12:00 PM
    Sounded like the OP had it under control.... I expect the OP to get a refurbished device however.
    06-16-09 01:17 PM
    I got my 8900 about 6-7 weeks ago and so far I absolutely love it and had no problem, well until today....It was full charge and working fine this morning, I went to work and left the phone in my purse for 8 hrs while I was at work, and when I tried to turn it on after work, nothing happened. I tired soft reset as this happened once before and I had to do was to pull out battery and place it back in. But this time, no luck. Battery pull didn't work, I've tried to charge ( hoping it was battery problem), but doesn't do anything. Called T-mobile and they don't know what's wrong either so they will send me a new one within a few days.....but mean while I am without my be loved 8900

Have anyone experienced samething? I am glad that I am getting a new phone ( Though it could be refurb and that will suck big time) but I love to and need to know why this happened so I can prevent it. Does anyone know what could be the reason other than possibility of manufacturer defect?
    Sorry to hear that. Like some people, the phones also have heart attacks (defects) at young age. Luckily, unlike people, we can replace the phones with younger ones (or with ones that had an open heart surgery - refurbished). I hope you did not lose valuable data.
    06-16-09 04:41 PM
    Sounds like the battery died bigtime. Just because you hooked the charger up doesn't mean it'll work right away. The thing won't work on the charger power so the battery has to actually charge up some before it'll fire up.
    06-16-09 05:40 PM
    You can also try this:

pull the battery and hook it up to the computer using the blackberry OEM cable...see if it boots.

06-16-09 07:31 PM
    Thank you ev eryone for your reply. It,s really wierd ... My battery is fine because I tried to swap it with my hubby's battery and his phone works fine with my battery. Then now my phone works fine too. But when I try to pull battery out and reboot, 2 out of 3 time doesn't work...I'm thinking some how the connection between the battery and the device is not good? I don't know... But I figure it maybe the best to get a new phone and a new battery since I don't know what's wrong and something was wrong. Again, thank you all so much for quicky giving me an advise!

06-17-09 03:33 AM

OMG I'm going through the exact same thing. T-Mobile had me reinstall the 4.6.1 software and my phone worked for maybe an hour or so before completely looking back up. These new Blackberries are starting to seem cheap and defective to me as of late. What gives?
    07-01-09 03:04 AM
    You said you left it in your purse...Was it left in your purse in a car maybe and got really hot like possibly in direct sunlight? Either way you're getting a refurb so that should be fine and carries the rest of your current warranty with it. Since you said after two or three times you can get it up and running do a complete backup so when your new phone shows up you can transfer all your stuff and get up and running right away. Good Luck.
    07-01-09 04:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD