Hi. It's been a while. I had a pearl a while back and decided to upgrade to the LG Vu. Thought it would be great. But I really miss my blackberry. What I miss the most is the calendar. Basically I am interested in getting the 8900 when it comes out on ATT sometime here soon. What I didn't like about the pearl was not being able to recieve mms because I did not have the data plan. So since I am looking into the new 8900 I started doing some research to see if anything has changed. I have found mixed messages. Some say if you have the new 4.5 os then yes you can get mms without data. Some say you just need unlimited texting, some say absolutely no without the data plan. Can anyone confirm or deny this with certainty? I know it's not out yet on ATT but the Bold is out and if anyone has any experience getting MMS on it without the data plan I would appreciate a reply.

Thanks. And I know a data plan is a nice feature but please keep in mind when you reply that I don't need one. I am a stay at home mom who has constant access to a computer. I love the BB for it's calendar and the full keyboard. I want the 8900 for it's nice screen which I use to play videos for my children. I don't want any other devise so please don't tell me to get something else. I don't know anyone else except my husband who has a BB to use the BBMessanger. I have a gps in my car and I don't use IM'ing except on the computer. I do text alot and have an unlimited text plan. My only downfall with the BB before was no MMS. I have 2 daughters that I like to take pictures of and mms to my husband. So if it's possible to get it that would be great. It is not worth paying $30/month for though. I have no interest in downloading applications or surfing the internet. And if I understand I could always hook up the wifi to my wireless at home.

Also, If I got the generic data plan through ATT would that give me MMS?

Thanks in advance and appreciate all the comments.

Amanda
    05-15-09 04:58 PM
    No you don't need data to have MMS. But using the 8900 for ATT, you will first need to unlock it and get it configured for ATT mms.
    05-15-09 05:25 PM
    He said he's gonna get it when it comes out to AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 06:53 PM
    Yes. I am going to wait until the 8900 comes to AT&T before getting one. So does that mean I can get the MMS? I know T-Mobile has the 'feature enabler' that they use so that you can get MMS without a data plan. AT&T never had that before. When I get the 8900 through AT&T do I have to ask them to do anything or will it automatically get MMS?
    THanks again.
    05-15-09 07:41 PM
    and if it never does come to AT&T?? ooh, there's two theories here..
    05-15-09 09:19 PM
    its already confirmed that its coming out to at&t. where have you been?

AT&T to launch BlackBerry Curve 8900 on May 25th; Bold price drop to follow : Boy Genius Report
    05-15-09 10:21 PM
    yeah, so goes the stories. lol. I wont believe it till i see it..

eitherway, as a business man, I dont see why at&t would want to release this phone. it still goes against their business plan of being an all 3g network. I dont want to argue anything, but I just dont get why they would take this step backwards.

Its suppose to come out soon, so we'll see.

It would make better sense if it had 3g capabilities.
    05-15-09 10:26 PM
    yeah, so goes the stories. lol. I wont believe it till i see it..

eitherway, as a business man, I dont see why at&t would want to release this phone. it still goes against their business plan of being an all 3g network. I dont want to argue anything, but I just dont get why they would take this step backwards.

Its suppose to come out soon, so we'll see.

It would make better sense if it had 3g capabilities.
    Its coming to AT&T, give it up already. I was with you up until a month ago but at this point, really, just give it up. If it doesn't happen in 2 months then you can come back and say all you want to but at this point, let's just give it up and assume it is coming out as per the latest news.
    05-16-09 01:02 AM
    lol.. you're back! I havent seen u posting much this week.

Yo man, Im not trying to argue.. buttt! We'll see May 25th.

=)
    05-16-09 01:08 AM
    lol.. you're back! I havent seen u posting much this week.

Yo man, Im not trying to argue.. buttt! We'll see May 25th.

=)
    I know, right. Let's just see what happens, this is the most official looking of all the information so far. Very busy week, hopefully I can get more posting next week but it might take one more before I can get back to normal posting.
    05-16-09 01:37 AM
    Umm..Okay.. well back to my questions? As far as I know the blackberry site now lists it coming from AT&T. I have "heard" it's the 25th. But whatever. I just want to know about the MMS capabilities. ANyone have any experience with the MMS and the BOLD with non data plan? Or shoud I just wait until the phone comes out and ask this question?
    05-16-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD