I lost my BB 8900 and with some personal information in it and in the media card. But the device is protetected with Password which has 10 times tries limitation. I just want to know which information will be wiped out after 10 times tries? Does it include the data in the media card? Thankyou.
    04-24-10 08:32 PM
    I doubt it.... I believe it only wipes the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-10 08:39 PM
    +1. your media card wont be affected by a device wipe.
    04-24-10 08:50 PM
    There is an encrytion option for your media card. I'm not sure what it really does though, but i assumed it kept it from being read in another device...?
    04-24-10 10:21 PM
    There is an encrytion option for your media card. I'm not sure what it really does though, but i assumed it kept it from being read in another device...?
    correct...
    04-25-10 01:26 AM
    Really? Another blackberry or just any other device, period? If the latter, then damn, blackberries are pretty secure

04-25-10 02:16 AM
    Really? Another blackberry or just any other device, period? If the latter, then damn, blackberries are pretty secure

when i destroyed my last phone i couldnt get it to read in the new phone, even tried the computer to format it, and it wouldnt, but i wasnt using a card reader, i was at work so i just used the cord.... so possibly it can be made usable again, i didnt try hard enough to know, i just snapped the card in half, and grabbed another off the shelf LOL
    04-25-10 02:36 AM
    Thanks. Sounds very safe. Still have two concerns,

1- I found some means to crack the device password posted on the web, and the steps seem very simple. Does it works for 8900???

2- As for the Encryption Option, does it work by default? Or I need to activate the feature? Beause I couldn't remember if I has enabled it...
    Last edited by alexlp; 04-25-10 at 06:19 AM.
    04-25-10 06:17 AM
    Thanks. Sounds very safe. Still have two concerns,

1- I found some means to crack the device password posted on the web, and the steps seem very simple. Does it works for 8900???

2- As for the Encryption Option, does it work by default? Or I need to activate the feature? Beause I couldn't remember if I has enabled it...
    Unless you are a spy posting on Crackberry, the odds of someone taking the time to crack the password on your berry is pretty small. And no, it's not simple. One of the selling points of a BB is it's security. So, in short, the embarassing pics you took of yourself making myspace fish face wearing the Borat thong are no longer yours. But the personal data on the device itself is most likely still private.
    Last edited by chaz0717; 04-25-10 at 10:05 AM.
    04-25-10 10:02 AM
    Call your carrier, have them kill the PIN, that will save you from any charges but you lose your opportunity to retrieve the phone in a viable state. I've heard of people being able to have their BB tracked by GPS if you have it turned on. Maybe, before PIN killing, you could try that.

04-25-10 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD