typing on the bold is very good but ive actually worn my thumbs down typing on it to the point where they hurt. i had the iphone before, which required zero effort. but the bold you have to push down hard on the keys.....i want the 8900 but i dont know if the keyboard is any better.

anyone notice any difference on the bold vs 8900?

how is it vs the 8300? my girl has the 8300 and typing is so more effortless compared to the bold.

thanks for your help!
    02-19-09 11:26 PM
    i had the Bold and i can say that the keyboard is better than the 8900s. i dont know maybe its just me but i found it very easy to use and not as cheap as the 8900.

overall i like the 8900 its small and fits my hand
    02-19-09 11:28 PM
    I like the bolds keys better than the 8900's but once you get used to the form, like any phone, it gets easier and you get your own flow going

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:31 PM
    In contrast, I absolutely HATE the Bold's (and 88xx series) keyboard. When you are touching it, it can move around as if its loose and the buttons are too close to each other. As a physical keyboard, I'd say the Curve (83xx) is the best so far that I have used, although I've never held an 8900 before so I can't comment on that.
    02-19-09 11:37 PM
    I could never get used to the Bold's keyboard. That and the larger size are the two biggest factors for me as to why I went with the 8900. I have a comparison thread between the two phones, check the link in my signature.
    02-19-09 11:38 PM
    I used the Bold's keyboard and actually liked that one better. I love the soft, squishy, feeling of the keys and the spacing is nice too. They are quiet as well.

As for the 8900, the keys are very similar to the 83xx series. If liked that keyboard, you should feel right at home with the 8900. Only difference is the 8900 isn't as loud as the 83xx ones.
    02-19-09 11:56 PM
    typing on the bold is very good but ive actually worn my thumbs down typing on it to the point where they hurt. i had the iphone before, which required zero effort. but the bold you have to push down hard on the keys.....i want the 8900 but i dont know if the keyboard is any better.

anyone notice any difference on the bold vs 8900?

how is it vs the 8300? my girl has the 8300 and typing is so more effortless compared to the bold.

thanks for your help!
    If you liked the 8300 then you would probably like the 8900. I switched from one to the other last week, and it was a smooth transition. Good luck!
    02-20-09 12:26 AM
    I got to use an 8900 today and the only thing that seemed different then the 83xx is that the keys seemed to be spaced a little closer. Other rthen that the feeling was the same to me

02-20-09 12:55 AM
    I haven't tried the bold, but the 8900's keyboard is a amazing. To me, it's even better than the 8320.

Everyone has different thumbs, use a friend's 8900 or walk into a store with a real display and give it a go.
    02-20-09 02:21 AM
    I have had a curve for quite a while and have typed my **** off I have had no thumb issues whatsoever

02-20-09 05:49 AM
    I could never get used to the Bold's keyboard. That and the larger size are the two biggest factors for me as to why I went with the 8900. I have a comparison thread between the two phones, check the link in my signature.
    Same here, I had the option of getting the Bold but the 8900 appealed on many levels, those two being the main deciding factors. The Bold is a two handed device and the keys (like the 8800) weren't the best for me, I've noticed that women with nails should find the non-spaced keys fine to type on. I found that with my short nails and thin/short fingers the 8900s 83xx-esque buttons worked perfectly for me. I can achieve a speed of typing that rivals my speed on the 83xx series. Not the same with the Bold, I find it hard to build up a run with speed as it feels ever so slightly awkward (the overall size in my palm and depth of press for each key).
    02-20-09 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD