Hi All,

I've reloaded the OS for my 8900 device twice now, using the loader app. But still, it keeps cycling endlessly through the reboot process. Is there something else I need to check or do to get this one fixed?

Nyelugo
    07-02-10 07:15 AM
    07-02-10 10:43 AM
    Hi, I've already tried this procedure but my device still reboots continuously.
    07-03-10 02:15 PM
    How old is your battery? I've had this behavior on a Curve that had a dead cell, but showed fully charged.

One thing, try a boot without your media card installed to eliminate the probability of a corrupted file on it, another well known cause of spontaneous rebooting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 03:40 PM
    Actually, it's new device (problem started after two hours of use, when content protection was turned on and a reboot done), and the battery is still very ok. I also noticed that each time I try to run the reload procedure for the device OS, I'm asked for the device password which indicates that the memory hasn't been wiped completely in previous reloads. Is this normal? Is there a way to wipe the device 'completely' during the OS reload?
    07-04-10 01:52 AM
    Actually, it's new device (problem started after two hours of use, when content protection was turned on and a reboot done), and the battery is still very ok. I also noticed that each time I try to run the reload procedure for the device OS, I'm asked for the device password which indicates that the memory hasn't been wiped completely in previous reloads. Is this normal? Is there a way to wipe the device 'completely' during the OS reload?
    You could try using BBSAK 1.7 to do a full wipe of the device and then reinstall the os with BBSAK once wipe is done. I've included a set of instructions below on how to do this:

Instructions for installing new os:

Download BBSAK 1.7 here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SW96L6I5

1. Back up all important info and any 3rd party apps from device using DM (info - device settings, messages, sms, mms, contacts etc.) & *BBSAK (3rd party apps).

2. Uninstall previous os from pc (go to control panel--> add/remove program--> uninstall device software, whatever version is already installed) , then install newly downloaded os onto pc. (After installing you will be prompted to restart pc)

3. Delete vendor xml file in c: program files\ common files\ research in motion\ apploader (scroll down and find vendor xml file and delete it)

4. Run BBSAK and connect device to pc. Wipe the device completely using BBSAK.

5. Wiping device will take about 2-5mins and device will initialize and show white screen which will say reload software 507.

6. Click load os on BBSAK while phone is still connected, and follow reload or os install instructions.

7. Restore all backed up info and apps once os install is completed using DM & BBSAK.

*BBSAK will back-up all your 3rd party apps that are installed on your device before you upgrade the os. Once upgrade is done, you will use it to restore all your apps all at once instead of re-downloading them one at a time.

Entire process should take no less than an hour depending on how much you have to back up and restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 10:22 AM
    I would have to agree with xolanir here. Wiping the device could solve your problem

Good Luck
    07-05-10 11:34 AM
    How do you do this if your phone will not turn on? It starts to reboot and stops just after and turns off. It has been doing this for about 14 hours now. I took the battery out for 3 hours and still doing it.
    09-14-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD