I just got the 8900 as a birthday present yesterday and while I love it as an upgrade of my 8800 it keeps dropping my calls after 1-5 min of talk time. It continues on with the call like nothing happened but the sound on both ends die. Anyone else having this problem or know if I should get it fixed? I don't know if it matters but one time when it happened our internet went down and I have the wi-fi on. Help please.
    03-27-09 05:10 PM
    Does this only happen when you're connected to UMA? (Wifi)
    03-27-09 05:17 PM
    not sure. I just turned wifi off but havn't tested it yet. Still though it shouldn't matter right?
    03-27-09 07:52 PM
    Well, if you don't have it set up right it could drop calls.

Check this out:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f65/com...wifi-how-47229

-Taken from Aristile's sig.
    03-27-09 07:55 PM
    UMA could be causing this issue.

Put your phone on mobile network preferred.

Options-----mobile network------connection preference-----mobile network preferred.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 07:57 PM
    I've had this happen twice. I think it is a uma issue. I had been thinking that once it was uma and once it wasn't, but now that I think about the second drop out occured when I happened to drive right by the building I work in. I bet it caught part of a wifi signal for a few seconds and then of course lost it. Both drop outs were on my work wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 08:40 PM
    Yep that was the problem. Don't know how it messed up but as soon as I put it on mobile network preferred it works perfectly.

Thanks everyone for your help.
    03-28-09 01:51 PM
    Doesn't UMA supposedly give better quality?
    03-28-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD