Whats up people. Im getting my 8900 on Tuesday and i wanted to see if i can get a heads up, the community seems really helpful here. Im getting it on T-Mobile UK data plan and all the trimmings. Im popping my blackberry cherry so i've read through all the Blackberry 101's to get an idea of what to expect but i wanted to know about the apps.

It seems to me that most of the apps out there are geared toword the US and Canada more than they are the UK, in particular the local searches and business searches. Are there any apps out there aimed at the British BB user? Mainly im looking at local searches and football (soccer) applications to give me up to date news on my team etc whilst im on the go?

If theres nothing there are there any "must haves" in terms of apps.. Im aware of the obvious ones (Facebook, Crackberry etc) but any you guys could recommend?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    06-20-09 11:59 AM
    It really depends on what you use. I have two news site apps, facebook, weather app, ESPN app, Slacker Radio, and a few others.

If you like to blog there is a WordPress app now too. Congrats on the new 8900 It's an awesome phone!
    06-20-09 12:06 PM
    It really depends on what you use. I have two news site apps, facebook, weather app, ESPN app, Slacker Radio, and a few others.

If you like to blog there is a WordPress app now too. Congrats on the new 8900 It's an awesome phone!
    Thanks for the quick reply! Ive seen the radio app so i think i'll pick that up!! Do you know if ESPN covers soccer aswell (the EPL)
    06-20-09 12:09 PM
    Viigo will be good for RSS feeds and for sports updates... and its works for football (see what i did there :P) i know this because i follow man united, and arsenal
    06-20-09 12:31 PM
    I have autostandby and a torch app, the missus has these along with the alarm clock pro,

Other thing i did when i got my new upgrade last week was to update to the latest os .450 and put some today screens on it.
    06-20-09 01:38 PM
    update the OS!!!!!!!!!!
    06-20-09 02:23 PM
    Viigo will be good for RSS feeds and for sports updates... and its works for football (see what i did there :P) i know this because i follow man united, and arsenal
    Haha yep i see what you did..Ive been calling it soccer, ive been in Canada for the past 6 months.. although i hate calling it soccer it sticks when everyone else it! I'll download the Viigo too then i think.

CanoeBoy - i'll make sure im running the lastest offical os.. What are the 'today screens' your talking about?
    06-20-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD