07-07-09 10:25 AM
37 12
tools
    8900, Fa sho!! Get that. I lovvvve mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 01:05 PM
    I have my blackberry bold and just got my 8900 two days ago.
    I agree with most people here with both devices.
    Typing on the bold is a tad better due to the fact
    that it has a slightly larger kb. I'm still trying to
    get used to my 8900 kb but I am loving the phone.
    Its portable, better camera and more up to date look.

07-04-09 06:44 PM
    8900 is too small. imo if you have a blackberry it should be BIG and scream something to people who look at. it should be like "hey im a blackberry hear me roar" not "hey im a blackberry im so little and cute and cuddly" the bold is the real blackberry.
    07-05-09 01:00 AM
    so if anybody whats to trade your bold for my brand new 8900 let me know and we can do this.
    07-05-09 01:00 AM
    To the OP, get the 8900. You can get it on Amazon for $0.01 with a 2yr contract.
    Amazon.com: BlackBerry Curve 8900 Phone, Black (AT&T): Cell Phones & Service
    Last edited by imoklo38; 07-05-09 at 08:43 PM.
    07-05-09 08:40 PM
    Hey these threads will never end I used the bold for 9 months but I used to go through the battery life like it was noboddies business. It would barely last a day and now with the curve I'm golden, on the flip side there will never be anything like the keybord on the bold its so crisp and smooth with the curve I find that its taking some getting used to to get adjusted but in the end its nice worn on the hip or in my pocket the bold well was too bulky for my pocket. And hey rogers 3g speeds in calgary fluctuate sooo much that I haven't really noticed many issues with not having 3g and I even tried the 3g on iphone 3g, bold, and one of the new android devices and they are all very comparable.

Good luck choosing though!!!! :P

07-05-09 09:36 PM
    8900 is too small. imo if you have a blackberry it should be BIG and scream something to people who look at. it should be like "hey im a blackberry hear me roar" not "hey im a blackberry im so little and cute and cuddly" the bold is the real blackberry.
    I take it you are solidly on the side of the Bold?
    07-06-09 12:39 PM
    to bad the Blackberry on the front isn't bigger and it doesn't flash like a neon sign!!!!!

Then I would get one!!!!
    07-06-09 12:46 PM
    So im switching to AT&T, well because honestly VZW blows. I know a couple people that have the 8900 and some have the BOLD. Is the 3G the only real thing missing from the 8900? If so is it THAT big of a deal to not have? If this has been answered already, I apologize, I usually search, but I'm too lazy today Its my Friday

I always say the same thing...don't laugh...but since they are both great devices...I'd go with P.R.I.C.E.
    07-06-09 12:48 PM
    I like the keyboard on the bold but the keys are not spaced like the 8900.. I started on a curver 8320 so I am used the smaller keyboard and I have bigger fingers. But I really need the UMA because my signal with Tmobile it home is not good. So since I have the wireless here with my router i use that.. and its great. Even with ATT i do not get 3g where I live and most times I am at a computer so if I need to surf i use the computer and not the BB. I don't stream any music cuz I got and iPod with the car digital hookup. I dont need to watch tv shows or anything.. I just need to have all my contacts, calendars, bbm peeps, im, facebook.. and they all work good on regular 2G

We got wifi at my job so UMA kicks in there so if I gotta surf when not at my desk i go on someones comp, or a lab, or on the phone thru wifi..

UMA is more valuable to me.
    07-06-09 03:01 PM
    Just ordered my 8900 today for like .99 and free shipping plus I added some extras too boot. Total came to $35 and it should be here by Thur or Fri, Wow can hardly wait. I had to up my plan which will cost me like $10 per month more but all considered that is like a total of $61 for the phone (have to maintain the plan for 6 months). I went with the 8900 as I have no 3G service here and dont expect to get it for over a year or so. Otherwise the Bold would have been a really strong competitor for my decision. Its all in what is available to you and what you need in my opinion. Both phones are awesome for what they do.. Now to research stuff to add to my phone

Julian
    07-06-09 04:17 PM
    Just ordered my 8900 today for like .99 and free shipping plus I added some extras too boot. Total came to $35 and it should be here by Thur or Fri, Wow can hardly wait. I had to up my plan which will cost me like $10 per month more but all considered that is like a total of $61 for the phone (have to maintain the plan for 6 months). I went with the 8900 as I have no 3G service here and dont expect to get it for over a year or so. Otherwise the Bold would have been a really strong competitor for my decision. Its all in what is available to you and what you need in my opinion. Both phones are awesome for what they do.. Now to research stuff to add to my phone

Julian
    I know you'll enjoy your phone. Congratulations!
    07-07-09 10:25 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD