Hello to all of you!

I've a bold and quite happy with it. However I've seen a 8900 and it is much smaller! I'd love it.

For me battery life is really important: how it is compared to bold's one?

Thanks
    01-09-09 01:49 AM
    Hopefully as good as the Bold's or better (Hopefully better since the Bold has 3G). I'm curious as well!
    01-09-09 03:07 AM
    i would say a bit better? hoping for a better os releitase though might up it a bit more
    01-09-09 04:06 AM
    i would say a bit better? hoping for a better os releitase though might up it a bit more
    The 8900 has 16 day stand by time. That means the battery is twice as good as Bold's. Minus the energy-sucking 3G that the Bold has and I'd say the 8900s battery is 3 times better than Bold

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 06:56 AM
    Actual user experience has been less than stellar, but the new OS's floating around I would hope are addressing the battery life as one of it's issues.
    01-09-09 10:20 AM
    Leaving it in the holster, I can only get ~4 days out of the 8900 battery. I have no idea how you get 15 days standby. Maybe it's because I have wifi connected at home, but it's still odd.

Unless standby is different than the screen turning off and keylock while holstered?
    01-09-09 12:04 PM
    My guess would be 15 days is in a strong signal area constantly, WiFi and GPS off, and NEVER taking out of the holster, never getting any calls, emails, alarms, etc. Ie in a fully standby mode all the time. Not exactly practical.

Try your Bold in 2G mode only (if you can set that with your device), to get a 8900-kinda-like experience...
    01-09-09 02:20 PM
    all I know is that 8900 has one 1350 mA battery..
    01-10-09 07:04 AM
    yeah, i have had the 8900 for 3 weeks now, battery is LESS than great. new OS better have this addressed, my last Curve (8310) would last forever.
    01-10-09 08:37 AM
    However you need to also address that since the screen is a extremely high resolution which is higher than the bold, it will regure more power for it.

01-10-09 09:02 AM
    However you need to also address that since the screen is a extremely high resolution which is higher than the bold, it will require more power for i

01-10-09 09:03 AM
    With WiFi enabled on my 8900 I get a full day of use out of it which is pretty much emailing all day as well as texting. I also do a decent amount of web surfing all day with it.

My Bold under the same usage didn't get through a full days use without needing to be recharged. I'm on .114 now and the battery life is a bit better than it was on .94.

I'm quite happy with the battery vs the Bold. It's sill not as good as my old Curve 8310 but I didn't have WiFi on that...
    01-10-09 09:07 AM
    Hi all,

For those of us that have problems with their battery life and have done tests that prove the pouch causes the issues, please visit:

(I am not allowed to past URL's, so please use the chopped-up URL below)

h t t p : / / supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8900&thread.id=674

I started a thread on the official blackberry forum to get people together with the same problem. please post you experiences and if more and more people have the same problem, we'll get in touch with RIM.

thanks!
    01-21-09 06:06 AM
    Hi all,

For those of us that have problems with their battery life and have done tests that prove the pouch causes the issues, please visit:

(I am not allowed to past URL's, so please use the chopped-up URL below)

h t t p : / / supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8900&thread.id=674

I started a thread on the official blackberry forum to get people together with the same problem. please post you experiences and if more and more people have the same problem, we'll get in touch with RIM.

thanks!
    If that's the case (pun intended ;-)), it could maybe be fixed by a software upgrade. The software shouldn't be scanning the keyboard when the magnet lock is active. There's no circumstance where you need user input from the keyboard anyway until the magnet has been moved away...

On my Bold (maybe the 8900 has the same bug) it goes into a "high battery consumption mode" every so often. I think this may be because the GPS gets left activated by the OS when it shouldn't, but I need to do more tests...
    01-21-09 06:20 AM
    lol@if thats the case
    01-21-09 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD