I have a question, is the upgrade .133 better on the battery life because I only get about a 1/2 of day with .94 any info would help thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 01:36 PM
    Yes I have seen an improvement since .94. However, it really depends on your usage. I got a lot better then 1/2 day on .94. Do you keep wifi and bluetooth on? How many texts do you send? Browsing? It all contributes to how quickly your battery drains.

I have a question, is the upgrade .133 better on the battery life because I only get about a 1/2 of day with .94 any info would help thanks!

01-31-09 01:42 PM
    Also if you have and 3rd party applicatioins check those as they can sometimes drain your battery if they are continuously running in the background.

01-31-09 01:47 PM
    Im running .133 and this is the only version I have ran since I upgraded my Tmobile unit as soon as I got it so I cant compare to previous versions but I have to say that its on par with my 8320. I can get a full day out of it with decently heavy usage so I cant complain about it.
    01-31-09 02:01 PM
    Yes I have seen an improvement since .94. However, it really depends on your usage. I got a lot better then 1/2 day on .94. Do you keep wifi and bluetooth on? How many texts do you send? Browsing? It all contributes to how quickly your battery drains.
    No I don't use bluetooth, and no wifi...but I would sent probably 50-75 emails and I do talk a lot on the phone I just upgraded to .133 so hopefully this helps.

01-31-09 02:39 PM
    Thanks.

01-31-09 02:41 PM
    Mine came on .101 and the battery life was horrific!

Since upgrading to .133 the battery life has literally doubled!
    01-31-09 06:53 PM
    is there a program or feature that allows you to check running processes similar to Task Manager in windows? I should think there is at least a list, even if there is no functionality assigned to selecting an item from the list.
    06-23-09 02:29 PM
    depending your your OS version you can hold the menu button or hold alt and the back arrow together and a box will show the icons of programs running, you should only have 5, they are browser, home, call log, blackberry messenger and messages
    06-23-09 02:36 PM
    brilliant. thanks for the help. i had google maps, my camera, and scrabble running! i also turned off my bluetooth and my wifi to save battery life. however, since it auto connects bluetooth in my car, i'd have to turn it on everytime i get in the car wouldn't i? does it really drain the battery that much to have bluetooth on all the time?
    06-23-09 02:40 PM
    the apps running prolly would drain more then bluetooth but it would still drain some
    06-23-09 02:43 PM
    I leave BT on all the time!
    06-23-09 03:45 PM
    I found changing my backlight timeout to 10 seconds saved me tons of battery

I can run 2 days without charging and I text / bbm atleast 200 a day plus

06-23-09 04:21 PM
    Im confused, whats all this .133 and .101 business...
    06-24-09 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD