OK My 8900 went blank and had a 507 reload software error code on it... long story short they couldn't fix it so I got a new phone today. I put in my memory card and its BLANK???????????!!!!!!!!!!! Is there anyway I can access it or did the crash totally kill my card as well??? I had so many pics, videos, ringtones etc on it ... im soo upset u guys!!!
    04-15-09 04:06 PM
    the OP got a new phone that is working. their issue is with their memory card.
    04-15-09 04:12 PM
    is it blank on you on your Blackberry? have you tried finding the files by being in Mass storage mode on the BB and connecting to your PC?

It could be possible that the device was completely wiped, including the memory card. But i have wiped my device with my memory card in and have nver lost anything.
    04-15-09 04:14 PM
    Yea it sounds as if the crash wiped your media card. I don't think I have ever heard of that one before
    04-15-09 04:15 PM
    use a card reader if you have one to connect the card to a computer and see if your computer can see your files. If it does, then just copy all of your music, ringtones, etc to your computer. Then stick the card back into your BB and have your BB format it. Then stick the card back into the computer and transfer your files back on. If your computer doesn't see the files then they're pretty much gone, sorry.
    04-15-09 04:16 PM
    OK well I called Tmobile n they are asses.... I did thank god see the files on the phone by going to explore but I dont see them when I go into like videos or pics or ringtones... they can't tell me how to restore them back onto my phone... but at least the card isn't wiped
    04-15-09 04:35 PM
    You may want to run a scandisk on the card as well.
    Last edited by lazerus; 04-15-09 at 04:52 PM.
    04-15-09 04:40 PM
    Lynda, do what xavier85 says. use a different card reader (or the blackberry in mass storage mode) and copy all the files OFF the the BB and on to your PC. Then put the card back in the BB, format it then transfer all the files back on. Open Media and it should scan for files. They will hopefully be there.
    04-15-09 04:41 PM
    Maybe the memory card became corrupted. I have never seen a reload software screen on an 8900 except for when i tried to put a 4.6 radio with a 5.0 OS build. hahaha but it survived. Anyways just try running the memory card in another phone or on a pc memory card reader and see what you get.
    04-15-09 08:27 PM
    One thing everyone forgot to mention is that if content protection was turned on before and media was selected, you're out of luck. You device uses a 'device generated' key to protect your files. If you get or switch devices your media will be protected and inaccessible. Even if you take the card out of the device and try to read it with your computer, the files will still be protected and you will not be able to access them.
    04-15-09 08:44 PM
    What OS did you have before and which do you now have?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 08:48 PM
    3cisbb is also correct.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD