Can someone explain the benefits of upgrading to .206? I just got this 8900 and its got .114. I'm looking for real a comparison and differences but no one I ask can give me a strait answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 12:32 PM
    My 2 cents, better battery life along with some improvements in the browser as well
    04-17-09 12:35 PM
    Can someone explain the benefits of upgrading to .206? I just got this 8900 and its got .114. I'm looking for real a comparison and differences but no one I ask can give me a strait answer

1) Better battery life 2) Stronger Wi-Fi connections 3) browser improvements

you can also search to see what other people have said.
    04-17-09 12:37 PM
    Check out this thread.... all the good and bad

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/re...nguage-203417/
    04-17-09 12:38 PM
    Battery life and memory free. And I believe the camera functions faster.

04-17-09 12:38 PM
    .199 is better IMO

04-17-09 12:42 PM
    Battery life and memory free. And I believe the camera functions faster.

Good point about the camera... I think it much faster to focus and take the shoot.
    04-17-09 12:48 PM

Newly released software usually contains added features and enhanced performance of the device, e.g. improved battery life and enhanced accessory support.
    04-17-09 12:49 PM
    generally speaking, the newer the release the more bugs are removed. witht hat said, when they remove bugs, sometimes other bugs appear. So, you really have to tryout an OS to see if it fits your needs.

.206 should have better battery life, reception, uma calling, and faster gps satellite reception. and some report it is faster than other releases.
    04-17-09 12:54 PM
    Wow quick responses. Thanks guys. Now, tmo told me if I do this upgrade it will void my warranty, so is it worth it u think?

04-17-09 12:56 PM
    Wow quick responses. Thanks guys. Now, tmo told me if I do this upgrade it will void my warranty, so is it worth it u think?

Don't ever talk to TMO... just as long as you reload .114, which will always be available on their website, you will be just fine... and that's only if something goes wrong and you need to return it to them to get a replacement... they have no way of knowing what OS version are loaded on YOUR BB.
    04-17-09 01:01 PM
    Cool cool cool. Thanks everyone. I'll do it tonight then

04-17-09 01:15 PM
    yeah, it wont void your warranty. Many users here have returned their phone with different OS's and they report that Tmo never bothers to check what OS the phone is being returned with. Plus, like the post above said, you can always reload .114 back on to it.
    04-17-09 01:18 PM
    I can't tell you the diff bc as soon as I opened it out of the box, I upgraded to .206. LOL
    04-17-09 02:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD