Hello guys,
    My friend was given a Curve I think it is a 85xx with OS 5 I think.
    The phone is not locked to an operator and we tried several sims on it with no problem. The problem he's facing is that the device is password locked but we know the password, and if we try to disable the lock, the option is dimmed out with a yellow lock icon. We can change the password but cannot disable it. The device always auto locks every 5 minutes and we have to enter the password everytime to use the device.
    This is annoying....
    The phone was bought new by his friend and was always like this, he used it for a week and then lost hope and gave it to my friend lol.

How can this be done?
    Thank you kindly.
    03-16-11 03:59 PM
    Options > Password

Set Password to Disabled

Menu > Save > (type password in)

Done.
    03-16-11 04:33 PM
    That option is dimmed out and cannot be pressed.
    03-16-11 05:25 PM
    The phone has an IT policy on it. It should never come new from a store with an IT policy that locks the password. Your friend should return it to the store where he bought it. He was most likely sold a used phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-11 08:07 PM
    I think you can restore it to how it was before the IT policy was on it using BBSAK...

EDIT: Yes, you can, just plug in your Blackberry, start BBSAK, enter the password (if any) and go to the Misc tab and press Factory Reset
    Last edited by sabisgeek; 03-17-11 at 09:16 AM.
    03-17-11 09:10 AM
    I think you can restore it to how it was before the IT policy was on it using BBSAK...

EDIT: Yes, you can, just plug in your Blackberry, start BBSAK, enter the password (if any) and go to the Misc tab and press Factory Reset
    Will he lose any data?
    Thanks guys for all your help.
    03-17-11 06:56 PM
    You haven't explained how your friend bought a new BlackBerry with an IT Policy on it. How did that happen?

03-17-11 07:08 PM
    My friend's cousin bought it from a store (donnow which one), he used it for a week before getting sick and tired of inputting the password everytime so he gave it to his cousin (my friend) and told him to do whatever he wants with it.... Apparently that guy is rich and couldn't be bothered loool!!!
    03-17-11 08:11 PM
    Will he lose any data?
    Thanks guys for all your help.
    Better to have a backup just in case...
    And does the phone have a data plan? If it does, that's great. Service books will be very easy to update.

03-17-11 10:28 PM
    Well no my friend doesn't have the BB service enabled at this time. Will this matter?
    03-20-11 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD