Hi all,

Now I'm not sure if this exists but I am looking for a policy in BES 5.0.3 that will switch the wireless on on all of my user's 8520s. I've configured he wireless policy so it has all the required details to hook up to our WAP at work but by default all BBs have their wireless off and I don't fancy walking around to 120 user's desks.

Thanks for any pointers.

Cal.
    06-25-11 01:21 PM
    If they are already hooked up to the BES, the new policy will automatically be applied once they turn the devices back on.
    06-25-11 02:30 PM
    I know. My question was how to use a policy to switch on the wireless.

Thanks.
    06-25-11 02:55 PM
    Well answer this. How do you force your TV to change channels if is turned off?
    06-25-11 04:42 PM
    I'm failing to see your analogy. The Blackberries are on. They have their policies applied so "changing channels" on a switched off TV isn't exactly accurate in my eyes. The wireless is a function of the Blackberry, the same way enabling or disabling the built in browser is. However, I'm assuming by the lack of any suggestions, the answer is no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 06:46 PM
    The radio is on. I think we have our wires crossed. The device wireless is on so it is connected to the network over the network provider. I want to switch on the wi-fi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD