I have the 8530 for verizon. I purchased the phone only a little over 4 months ago and already the battery life seems to be depleted. When I first got the phone the baterry life was incredible; lasted me all day long under heavy use and still had some more to go when I charged it at night. But for the past month or so I've noticed an awful decrease in the life. It only lasts half as long, sometimes a little more but not usually, than it did for the first few months. I have my software up-to-date, don't have too many apps downloaded and the ones that I do, I don't run very frequently and am sure to close when not in use. I do not overcharge the phone. Why is it doing this? It is bearable at the moment but I fear if it continues to get worse it will become unbearable. Any reccomendations, tips, or answers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 02:43 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/battery-saving-461663
    Last edited by diegonei; 08-15-10 at 02:51 PM.
    08-15-10 02:48 PM
    I've done almost everything to save battery and no help! I'm switching phones Wednesday

08-15-10 05:09 PM
    I've done almost everything to save battery and no help! I'm switching phones Wednesday
    And we told you that if your signal is bad (even if by a bar) the drain will be harder on the battery.

The Tour has a bigger battery so it should help, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I really hope it does.
    08-15-10 05:27 PM
    Your batteries are probably dead guys... I had the same issue with my 9000 in the past. Got a new one and was good as new.
    Even if the phone is only 4 months old, the battery could be much older.
    Try a new baterry and you will be surprised of the results.

Switching phones because you have a dead battery seems silly.
    08-15-10 05:30 PM
    And we told you that if your signal is bad (even if by a bar) the drain will be harder on the battery.

The Tour has a bigger battery so it should help, but don't be too disappointed if it doesn't. Don't get me wrong, I really hope it does.
    I think the phone just receives bad signal because I live in an area of great signal. Never had a problem with signal on any of my old phones, including the 8330.

And I have tried 2 different batteries and no luck.
    08-15-10 06:25 PM
    The OS is probably your defect. I know my 8330 withstood great signal. I had my 8530 running the previous OS that it shipped with and signal was awesome, then it wiped out, took it to a Sprint store and got it reloaded with the OS. Terrible signal. Bleh. Try the downgraded OS first

08-15-10 06:36 PM
    I tried reloading OS and other things. Got tired of trying everything and was tired of havin to make the phone work somewhat right. Just gave up on it. Getting Tour and was told if I have problems I can then upgrade to Bold

08-15-10 06:48 PM
    Bold is nice and all. But no different than the Curve with the addition of a better res LCD and a better camera. Now if u get the free upgrade then AWESOME! But for newbies or upgraders after two years to pay that more money for basically the same expierence....Curve is the saver.

08-15-10 07:29 PM
    Hi
    Blackberry users face this problem a lot. There are various ways to save battery life but for that you are required to go to various locations on your device so time to time. I would rather suggest you to go for an app like battery saver. Thats what i did to avoid hard work and especially to save my time. you can find this app on getempower.com or ota.getempower.com

Regards
    Ankush
    08-25-10 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD