alright so i just bought the VM curve 8530, and i'm having 2 problems so far.

1. the internet through the regular phone. If i'm not connected to my wi-fi i get the "this is a wi fi service..." it works fine most of the time, but i guess the connection times out and i have to turn off the connection and turn it back on.
    when i go into
    options
    >advanced options
    >>browser
    it won't let me take it off hotspot browser.

if it's a vigin mobile thing, why the eff am i paying an extra 10 bucks for this crap?

2. AIM and facebook apps. when try to run the aim app it says its not enabled for this handheld and facebook says the server cannot be found. other apps work fine

ANY help would be wonderful, im going bonkers!!!
    rollins#CB likes this.
    09-29-10 01:30 AM
    Do you have a data plan?
    09-29-10 08:31 AM
    i sure do, i pay 10 bucks for the cool blackberry things... that don't work.
    09-29-10 10:36 AM
    Accoeding to VM's website, your 10 buck plan is ONLY for Email, BBM and appworld. Sounds like your plan isnt set up right. A call to VM should have everything fixed.
    09-29-10 10:52 AM
    everything else is included with my monthly fee.
    $25 = unlimited text email data and web.
    09-29-10 10:56 AM
    :[ my fault. i messed up with my account and money and such. on the phone with VM now. hopefully i get this straightened out
    09-29-10 11:21 AM
    Hope it works out. Welcome to the forums.
    09-29-10 11:26 AM
    everything works. im a butthead
    bb<3
    09-29-10 11:28 AM
    now if i can get accustomed to the bbm ill be in business
    09-29-10 11:40 AM
    just wanted to say thanks for this; switching from AT&T 9300 I was like "WTF this thing is so locked down as to not even be a blackberry anymore". I had to call VM to get them to turn on BIS; one would think they would do this automatically when you pay the $10!
    02-12-11 06:54 AM
    I'm currently 8530 user on virgin mobile.
    Ignore all the trash-like informations above.
    The reason is that Service book didn't receive proper information, yet.
    It may be you just registered to virgin mobile, so it will take 20 or 30 minutes to receive all the information.
    Once, the service book receives the informations, you can select either hot spot browser and internet explorer.
    I recommend you reboot your 8530 several times in order to get the information from virgin network, and then go to option -> advanced option -> service book and then press 'alt + SBEB' (holding alt when you type SBEB) to activate current service book. You can see 'Legacy SB restore enabled' on the screen.

I think you can get connection using internet explorer browser by now.
    02-12-11 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD