This applies only for UK customer on Virgin Mobile.

Dial
    *#67# (press green button)
    You will see your voicemail number. Take note of that number including the 44

Then enter the following
    **61*"write the whole voicemail number here incl. 44 don't include the quotes"**30#
    Press the green key (send)

And hopefully the phone should ring for 30 seconds (maximum length apparently) before going to voicemail.
    JC
    03-04-10 11:00 AM
    It is the Wireless Providers that set the default ring time on the devices they provide and while there are Provider-specific tweaks to adjust the length of time (as above), not all Providers have this option.

Bear in mind too that if you set the device to Vibe and Ring, the Vibe part of that setting is part of total length of time allowed, regardless of the other settings. A twenty second ring setting might only afford you three Vibes and two short Rings - hardly enough time to recognize you have a call and answer the phone.
    03-05-10 08:34 AM
    It is the Wireless Providers that set the default ring time on the devices they provide and while there are Provider-specific tweaks to adjust the length of time (as above), not all Providers have this option.

Bear in mind too that if you set the device to Vibe and Ring, the Vibe part of that setting is part of total length of time allowed, regardless of the other settings. A twenty second ring setting might only afford you three Vibes and two short Rings - hardly enough time to recognize you have a call and answer the phone.
    I have setup mine to ringtone only as the 2 first vibration take out about 10 seconds.
    03-05-10 05:25 PM
    Thanks for the info it proved really helpful - it has been so frustrating that my phone would only ring a couple of times before voicemail kicked in!! Couldn't even get it out of my pocket or bag in time - hopefully this has now solved theproblem. Many Thanks Gill
    03-13-14 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD