Hey everyone,

My fiance's phone is having issues, i've been trying to get a backup created and do an os upgrade on the phone to the latest release but I'm having no luck. everytime i hook the phone up to a system (have tried 3 with the same issue) the phone reboots once the drivers are loading on the system for the phone. This continues to happen as the phone is loading up and puts the phone into a loop until i unhook the phone from usb.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas how i could get a backup for the phone to atleast save her contacts and other information, or any idea what i can do to get a new os loaded.

Much appreciated!

Thanks
    08-24-10 11:29 PM
    What computer OS are you using? Let me guess, Windows 7?

Windows 7 and BlackBerrys don't work that good together. Consider using a different computer with XP/Vista installed.

If you're not using Windows 7, try turning off your computer, plug-in your fianc's BlackBerry, and turn on the PC. See if that'll work.

Good luck!
    08-24-10 11:45 PM
    Have you tried a different cord? If you have tried the same cord on 3 different machines that would make it either A. a phone problem or B. a USB cable problem. The second of course being the cheaper option to fix. Any Micro USB to USB cable will do. May be worth trying a different cable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 12:26 AM
    Oh! And to back up her contacts.....if she has a gmail account you can't download googles sync program for her phone via m.google.com from the phone. It will at least back up the contacts of her phone.

08-25-10 12:28 AM
    i've tried 3 different cables and 3 different laptops all running win7. i finall got a backup after dealing with syncing it through bluetooth. now just getting the latest OS for the pone and seeing if this works to help the issue with usb, if it doesn't i'll take it in tomorrow and get a replacement phone.
    08-25-10 12:32 AM
    Wow! Thanks for a fast response

Are you sure that your drivers are truly up to date? Did they finish installing after the phone rebooted?

08-25-10 12:38 AM
    yep drivers finished fully this time and after the os load i have no issues, looks like it was a bug with our phone and the 386 os. stupid thing.... thanks for the help though everyone
    08-25-10 09:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD