Hi,

I downloaded 2 apps last night; Mini Clock and myTimes. After both apps were installed, everything seemed fine, but this morning I suddenly got a notification icon on my home screen.

It looks like an envelope with a black circle in the middle with some lettering inside it and another smaller red dot at the top right with the number 1 inside. I've never seen this notification before so I thought it was from one of the apps I downloaded, but I checked both and the notification is still here.

Can someone please help?
    04-29-11 01:56 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

It's a official spam message from RIM letting you know you:

a) Have to update some app;

b) Should download some app they think is just so you!!

Either way, that isn't related to those apps you mentioned (unless they are the ones to be updated).

Just launch Messages and delete it from there.

EDIT: Just as fortunate as it could be, I got my 1st official RIM Spam. So here is a picture for you guys.

Last edited by diegonei; 04-29-11 at 06:42 PM.
    04-29-11 05:12 PM
    Hi diegonei,

thanks for your help. i've deleted all my messages, but the notification icon is still there though =(
    04-30-11 04:02 PM
    I think you will need to update the App in question to get rid of the Icon.
    04-30-11 04:55 PM
    I think you will need to update the App in question to get rid of the Icon.
    No he doesn't. All he has to do is delete the message from the Messages folder. You know, the one where EVERYTHING goes to.

Hi diegonei,

thanks for your help. i've deleted all my messages, but the notification icon is still there though =(
    A few scenarios here:

- You didn't go to the right folder: go to Messages and delete the notification;

- You have a stuck notification: Do a battery pull (device on, pull the battery out for 30s);

- You have a stubborn stuck notification: Check my signature for a fix.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-02-11 at 12:16 PM.
    hbb130 likes this.
    05-02-11 12:10 PM
    Hi Diegonei,

Thank you for your help.

I had deleted all my messages, sms, and call logs, but the notification was still there. I then deleted both apps; the notification was still there when I deleted Mini Clock, but it went away when I deleted myTimes so the problems gone.

Thank you so much for helping
    05-02-11 03:49 PM
    Hey there not sure if you figured it out but I just found out how to get rid of it. On my phone i had to go to the messages folder then go to View Folder and there was a folder in there called New Apps. I deleted what I guess was a "suggestion" from the App World and it was gone!
    06-27-11 09:53 AM
    Hey there not sure if you figured it out but I just found out how to get rid of it. On my phone i had to go to the messages folder then go to View Folder and there was a folder in there called New Apps. I deleted what I guess was a "suggestion" from the App World and it was gone!
    You JUST found out even thou I said that two posts above? C'mon people...
    06-27-11 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD