03-20-11 01:36 PM
39 12
tools
    What????

App World is terrible, it's never going on any of BBs. Mobihand or CB App Store ftw.

VERY VERY TRUE!

Mobihand / CB Appstore smoke Appworld!

You simply login to your Mobihand or CB Account (they're the same) and you will be able to see all your previous apps that you purchased to easily download them again if you need to. Or buy any new app! Plus, doesn't take any space on your BB and is easier to get software updates!
    02-17-11 06:45 PM
    VERY VERY TRUE!

Mobihand / CB Appstore smoke Appworld!

You simply login to your Mobihand or CB Account (they're the same) and you will be able to see all your previous apps that you purchased to easily download them again if you need to. Or buy any new app! Plus, doesn't take any space on your BB and is easier to get software updates!
    I've always used Appworld because I didn't think you got update notification as easily with the CB store. Do notifications come for updates with CB/mobihand?

Also, does CB/mobihand have all the same apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 07:01 AM
    Mobihand sends out email updates automatically when apps are updated.

That said, there are still apps that aren't available outside of Appworld...
    02-18-11 03:28 PM
    I've always used Appworld because I didn't think you got update notification as easily with the CB store. Do notifications come for updates with CB/mobihand?

Also, does CB/mobihand have all the same apps?

yup, I get emails when updates are available.
    02-18-11 03:29 PM
    1. I can never log into Blackberry App World. When I try the forgot password button, it says it can't complete my request. When I try to register, it says that email address already has an account. Catch 22
    2. Can't find model number on device.
    3. If I get a voice mail, I get reminders at the top, both for voice mail (little recording icon) and I get a text that says voice mail-which I have to manual open or mark as read to clear it.
    4. When Sprint support says "try this and I will call you back in 10 minutes," they never call.
    5. Phone has slight responsiveness delay so I am always clicking before the curser is finished moving--resulting in hitting the wrong button.
    I have a similar problem to your item #1 except with MyBlackberry site. Other than that, my experience with Blackberry devices has been fun.
    02-18-11 04:25 PM
    but seriously man, if you cant even figure out your phone model and IMEI, please sell your phone.

I know thousands of people who have BBs and never any problems. So Research in Motion has no problems with their phones. Doesn't sound like it anyway according to the sales figures.
    ML, the operative term on a US CDMA carrier is either ESN or MEID. IMEI relates to GSM carriers. Please make note of the difference, so that you post accurate information. Radical?

02-18-11 04:44 PM
    re: double notification when you have a voicemail. in OS 4.5 you could disable the double icon. One was for the missed call one was for the voicemail. to disable the missed call:
    press the green "call" button, then the blackberry/option key. scroll to call logging and click it. change the option to "none". press the back key and save your changes. I don't know if it works the same in higher versions of the OS

02-19-11 03:31 PM
    WOW, copy paste much ML?

your posts have nothing to do with the OP, just to boost post count.
    In every ML post there's always your post after that made me LOL

02-20-11 12:41 PM
    There's nothing wrong with hating your BlackBerry, but your reasons seem a bit... shallow. If I had to give my top 5 I would say:

1. Cheap Build Quality
    2. Low res screen.
    3. Slow as **** Browser
    4. Lack of OS 6 update
    5. Occasional lag that makes it almost unusable.

But it has its redeeming qualities such as the perfect keyboard, great email, trackpad, etc.
    02-20-11 04:40 PM
    There's nothing wrong with hating your BlackBerry, but your reasons seem a bit... shallow. If I had to give my top 5 I would say:

1. Cheap Build Quality
    2. Low res screen.
    3. Slow as **** Browser
    4. Lack of OS 6 update
    5. Occasional lag that makes it almost unusable.

But it has its redeeming qualities such as the perfect keyboard, great email, trackpad, etc.
    You know, I never ever hated my 8520.

It doesn't have GPS, the screen res is only 320x240, WiFi does not support the N standard, only EDGE and no3G, weak 512mhz processor, lack of OS 5 for a long time and no OS 6 update (althou I understand why RIM would do that), a battery that would need real tweaking to last over 2 days (oops, most smartphones don't do that anyway, point for you 8520).

And do you know why? Because I did my bloody homework and knew what the heck I was buying before I got to the store!

PS: tmelon, althou I did use your post on a quote, this really is aimed at the OP. As you can see, I agreed to almost everything you said. Besides, that's why I no longer use my dear 8520.
    Last edited by diegonei; 03-18-11 at 11:45 AM.
    02-20-11 06:01 PM
    i'm #6 since jan of 10, they have been junk, i have to wait till nov of 11 to get next free upgrade
    03-18-11 11:04 AM
    Why does everyone complain about their phone breaking/shotty build quality? I've never had an of my phones break. The only time my phone broke was when I dropped it in a cup of water (I had a ping pong ball and the phone in the same hand, and dropped the phone instead of the ball)
    Treat them nicely!
    03-20-11 01:18 PM
    Why does everyone complain about their phone breaking/shotty build quality? I've never had an of my phones break. The only time my phone broke was when I dropped it in a cup of water (I had a ping pong ball and the phone in the same hand, and dropped the phone instead of the ball)
    Treat them nicely!
    Some people are just rough on things...take care of things and they last...unless of course there's a manufacturing defect. BTW, was it hard answering your ping pong ball?
    03-20-11 01:25 PM
    Some people are just rough on things...take care of things and they last...unless of course there's a manufacturing defect. BTW, was it hard answering your ping pong ball?
    Haha, I used the ping pong ball as a trackball replacement for the Curve
    03-20-11 01:36 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD