03-20-11 01:36 PM
39 12
tools
    1. I can never log into Blackberry App World. When I try the forgot password button, it says it can't complete my request. When I try to register, it says that email address already has an account. Catch 22
    2. Can't find model number on device.
    3. If I get a voice mail, I get reminders at the top, both for voice mail (little recording icon) and I get a text that says voice mail-which I have to manual open or mark as read to clear it.
    4. When Sprint support says "try this and I will call you back in 10 minutes," they never call.
    5. Phone has slight responsiveness delay so I am always clicking before the curser is finished moving--resulting in hitting the wrong button.
    02-16-11 11:41 AM
    So let me get this straight, you sign up to a forum to bash a multi-billion dollar company who have millions of loyal users on Website called CRACKBERRY! lol
    Why? Because of you forgetting your password, You cant figure out what phone you have, your blackberry is trying to notify you of a voicemail and your carrier sucks!
    Thats all RIM's fault apparently
    02-16-11 12:08 PM
    Wow, sorry to hear you feel that way. Food for thought, though:

1. To be fair, that's App World. Have you tried to check for your password on a computer?

2. Options > Advanced Options > About (Or something like that; haven't used 5.0 in a while)

3. That is kind of annoying, but it is just something to deal with, unfortunately. And yes, that's due to RIM and the BlackBerry, but it is what it is.

4. That's Sprint. Not RIM, not the BlackBerry.

5. Could that be the network?
    02-16-11 12:09 PM
    So let me get this straight, you sign up to a forum to bash a multi-billion dollar company who have millions of loyal users on Website called CRACKBERRY! lol
    Why? Because of you forgetting your password, You cant figure out what phone you have, your blackberry is trying to notify you of a voicemail and your carrier sucks!
    Thats all RIM's fault apparently
    Close, but not quite:
    you sign up to a forum to bash a multi-billion dollar company
    Company size or market cap doesn't exclude them from critical customers.
    Why? Because of you forgetting your password
    I wish it were that simple.
    1. It will not let me reset my password.
    2. It will not let Sprint reset the password.
    3. It will not send me the password.
    4. It will not let me sign up all over again.

your blackberry is trying to notify you of a voicemail
    I like voice mail notification. I don't need a reminder message on the screen, plus a reminder icon, plus text message that has to be manually clearly.

What good is a blackberry if you can't get apps?
    02-16-11 03:09 PM
    Wow, sorry to hear you feel that way. Food for thought, though:

1. To be fair, that's App World. Have you tried to check for your password on a computer?----

5. Could that be the network?
    Who runs App World? I never have tried to access app world from my pc.

No the lag time issue is on the phone. It happens with the address book and the camera an plenty of non-network apps.
    02-16-11 03:15 PM
    Take your device back for an exchange. BlackBerry is not for you.
    02-16-11 03:37 PM
    Take your device back for an exchange. BlackBerry is not for you.
    It's too late for that.

I haven't seen these issue before. The double notification where you have to manually go in a read, delete or mark as read the IM is NEW. I used to never get an IM for voice mail. Further, it's pointless to get an IM for VM. It's as if someone decided that if one flashing light on your desk phone for YM mail was good, 2 blinking lights would be better. It's pointless.

As the password issue--I just hope it never happens to you. It sucks to hot be able to get an app or upgrade an app. Without apps, it's not a very Smart phone.
    02-16-11 03:46 PM
    I have owned 5 BlackBerrys the past 2 years and I never EVER used Appworld as it is not supported in my country.

I prefer to download apps manually from the sites, and I have a CrackBerry AppStore account....the nice thing about it is...any application you purchase, it gets added to your account. So incase of a device failure or if you wipe your device to install a new version of your operation system.

all you need to do is login to the crackberry appstore and u will find all ur apps so u can easily download / activate them.

Since you dont have the option of taking the device back, I will help you by posting a guide for a few must have apps! Some of them are paid, rest are FREE.

And finally, regarding the lag in your BB, I suggest you upgrade your OS. There are many guides here its easy to do if u follow the steps...........

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ravati likes this.
    02-16-11 03:51 PM
    WOW, copy paste much ML?

your posts have nothing to do with the OP, just to boost post count.
    DawgMan likes this.
    02-16-11 04:47 PM
    FYI: Google Sync fails every time.
    02-16-11 05:09 PM
    I’ll just comment on the most ridiculous items in your list:

Can't find model number on device.
    So RIM is bad because you can’t figure out how to get your model number?

When Sprint support says "try this and I will call you back in 10 minutes," they never call.
    Explain to me what Sprint’s crappy CS has to do with RIM.

Great first post, noobie.

Take your device back. BlackBerry is not for you.
    +1....try a RAZR
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 02-16-11 at 05:39 PM.
    02-16-11 05:36 PM
    Ill just comment on the most ridiculous items in your list:

So RIM is bad because you cant figure out how to get your model number?

Explain to me what Sprints crappy CS has to do with RIM.

1. It is bad design to require a user who has contacted support for help with their dead phone to input information about their broken phone that can only be found when the phone is working.

2. I should have added Sprint to the subject line.

3. Any thoughts about the bad idea of sending an IM saying I have VM each time I get a VM?
    02-16-11 06:11 PM
    The SMS is carrier related. Call Sprint and bug them about it. Not RIM's issue. The ability to remove the battery is simplistic. Absolutely every phone manufactured has the IMEI, ESN, and in the case of BlackBerry, the PIN on a sticker in the battery compartment. Maybe cell phones are not your fortay.

Try again to bash our beloved RIM, but first do some research and learn to use your device.
    02-16-11 06:24 PM
    1. It is bad design to require a user who has contacted support for help with their dead phone to input information about their broken phone that can only be found when the phone is working.
    All the info you'd need is also right on the side of the box. Can't help you on the SMS, I use google voice so I'm used to getting email notifications about voicemails. Sounds like its a Sprint thing.
    02-16-11 06:43 PM
    1. I can never log into Blackberry App World. When I try the forgot password button, it says it can't complete my request. When I try to register, it says that email address already has an account. Catch 22
    2. Can't find model number on device.
    3. If I get a voice mail, I get reminders at the top, both for voice mail (little recording icon) and I get a text that says voice mail-which I have to manual open or mark as read to clear it.
    4. When Sprint support says "try this and I will call you back in 10 minutes," they never call.
    5. Phone has slight responsiveness delay so I am always clicking before the curser is finished moving--resulting in hitting the wrong button.
    To the OP, perhaps we should blame Global Warming on RIM.

WOW, copy paste much ML?

your posts have nothing to do with the OP, just to boost post count.
    What can I say about this...except I love it. LMAO
    02-16-11 06:57 PM
    Op.

You can find apps here on CB. App World was always buggy and a huge memory leaked in my experience.

As far as the VM notification, every bb I've had has done that. It could be the carrier. I don't know, but there isn't much you van do about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-11 07:16 PM
    but seriously man, if you cant even figure out your phone model and IMEI, please sell your phone.

I know thousands of people who have BBs and never any problems. So Research in Motion has no problems with their phones. Doesn't sound like it anyway according to the sales figures.
    02-17-11 02:07 AM
    It's too late for that.

I haven't seen these issue before. The double notification where you have to manually go in a read, delete or mark as read the IM is NEW. I used to never get an IM for voice mail. Further, it's pointless to get an IM for VM. It's as if someone decided that if one flashing light on your desk phone for YM mail was good, 2 blinking lights would be better. It's pointless.

As the password issue--I just hope it never happens to you. It sucks to hot be able to get an app or upgrade an app. Without apps, it's not a very Smart phone.
    I NEVER EVER use App World as it is a memory sucker. Go straight to the developer's website and get the app.
    02-17-11 09:31 AM
    Click, Click------BANG
    02-17-11 09:39 AM
    The SMS is carrier related. Call Sprint and bug them about it. Not RIM's issue. The ability to remove the battery is simplistic. Absolutely every phone manufactured has the IMEI, ESN, and in the case of BlackBerry, the PIN on a sticker in the battery compartment. Maybe cell phones are not your fortay.

Try again to bash our beloved RIM, but first do some research and learn to use your device.
    I have no issue with removing the battery. It's easy to do, and if I every need the serial number, I know where I can find it. Most manufactures put Model # somewhere on their device so you don't have to disable it just to tell the technician that you have a Curve 8530 or a Curve 8350.

Imagine for you have to pull the battery from you dell laptop to engage to get the service tag number needed to start a live chat session.
    02-17-11 02:31 PM
    Hi I don't wanna talk badly of RIM but that's not only the worse thinks of
    BB's there is many reasons too like the os the phones don't hav good hardware on it always the phone freeze the os always hav a problem loading or is very slow bad coordination on the phone like for ex the camera of 8330 hav a flash the 8500 n above series don't hav it in another os the phones fly others just stay loading until the judgment day
    And things like that don't get a wrong idea from me I'm just say we need to get more from our phones because in that way the plp stay happy ex I got the 8530 from boost but the is the most slower os that I ever see n other many things that phone came n its new only 1mon n hav many problems like n old one n I don't even plugged to the pc n only hav pics
    I'm just saying

02-17-11 04:30 PM
    BB's there is many reasons too like the os the phones don't hav good hardware on it always the phone freeze the os always hav a problem loading or is very slow bad coordination on the phone like for ex the camera of 8330 hav a flash the 8500 n above series don't hav it in another os the phones fly others just stay loading until the judgment day
    And things like that don't get a wrong idea from me I'm just say we need to get more from our phones because in that way the plp stay happy ex I got the 8530 from boost but the is the most slower os that I ever see n other many things that phone came n its new only 1mon n hav many problems like n old one n I don't even plugged to the pc n only hav pics
    I'm just saying

Run-on much?
    I'd respond if I could understand it.
    02-17-11 04:37 PM
    Well at least a few of you are objective enough to suggest that BB App World isn't world class.
    02-17-11 04:49 PM
    I'm just saying

What????

Well at least a few of you are objective enough to suggest that BB App World isn't world class.
    App World is terrible, it's never going on any of BBs. Mobihand or CB App Store ftw.
    02-17-11 05:06 PM
    I have no issue with removing the battery. It's easy to do, and if I every need the serial number, I know where I can find it. Most manufactures put Model # somewhere on their device so you don't have to disable it just to tell the technician that you have a Curve 8530 or a Curve 8350.

Imagine for you have to pull the battery from you dell laptop to engage to get the service tag number needed to start a live chat session.
    So you went to Sprint and told them give me a Blackberry, I don't care which one and don't tell me what you gave me because I don't want to know unless I have a problem and then I'll b!tch because I don't know what model you sold me. Sheesh, get a life.
    02-17-11 06:38 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD