11-13-11 10:16 AM
40 12
tools
    here are 2 screen shots of the 2 styles i receive-

theres a huge difference in the 2. 2 lines of readable text as compared to 5. i want 5 lines of readable texts as the scrolling to read is drving me nuts. also any suggestions of making the font smaller is not an acceptable fix. My eyes wont let me see any smaller. if i can do it with one text, it should be the same for all texts
    01-31-10 10:38 AM
    Yeah looks like the issue is that the font is set large so the name and number is not fitting on one line. Is it bold too?

That is probably the only solution sorry
    01-31-10 11:59 AM
    Yeah looks like the issue is that the font is set large so the name and number is not fitting on one line. Is it bold too?

That is probably the only solution sorry
    the font is set the same for both texts. it may look different because the zoom is at a different level.
    font size is same, everything is same, yet i get the callback number on the bottome from certain people. Does anyone else get or not get the callback number on the bottom?
    01-31-10 12:47 PM
    "I have someone showing a call back number
    Not on sprint
    It doesn't block any lines of txt."

But if the font is the same why is it in Courtney's txt that her name is so huge.
    01-31-10 01:04 PM
    ok. im sorry i did not hire a professional photographer to take the shot. it was zoomed in at a different level. i did not have a tripod to attach the other phone that i took the picture with to. the font size is the same. ignore the optical illusion. if you can get past that, look at the bottom and please some one please theorize why one has "callback number xxx xxx xxx" and the other one does not. both texts were recieved within 8 minutes of each other.
    01-31-10 07:40 PM
    1. I don't have to even attempt to find an answer for you; so maybe check the attitude.
    2. It looks bigger, sorry it does I was wondering if it was a glitch

Anyway It looks large in general anyway, is this a default theme and if so is the font at default (what size and font name).
    I'm pretty sure the call back number being displayed is either a glitch in a setting I can't find or carrier based.
    01-31-10 07:50 PM
    1. I don't have to even attempt to find an answer for you; so maybe check the attitude.
    2. It looks bigger, sorry it does I was wondering if it was a glitch

Anyway It looks large in general anyway, is this a default theme and if so is the font at default (what size and font name).
    I'm pretty sure the call back number being displayed is either a glitch in a setting I can't find or carrier based.
    1. thanks for reading my posts. i have clearly stated that the font sizes are the same. if you choose to not look for an answer for me, so be it. I would appreciate any help you could give me.
    2. when you say it is possibly a carrier based glitch, what do you mean? my carrier, or the person sending it to me? I am using the Sprint default theme that sprint provided with the phone. both texts were recieved using all the same settings, only difference i can point out right now is that Courtney is a sprint subscriber and scott is a at&t subscriber. I truly believe that the font size is irrelevant to this question. the question is, whiy does one have a callback number while the other doesnt?
    Last edited by ddfishnic; 01-31-10 at 08:22 PM.
    01-31-10 08:19 PM
    I've read on other threads that if you push alt S, the text display changes temporarily to the old way. Doesn't stay like that though.
    02-03-10 10:02 PM
    I've read on other threads that if you push alt S, the text display changes temporarily to the old way. Doesn't stay like that though.
    that's how you search something. are you sure that's right?
    02-03-10 11:34 PM
    Clutter............
    02-03-10 11:40 PM
    that's how you search something. are you sure that's right?
    On my tour with 5.0 it switches to the old display

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 11:54 PM
    this is really weird. I have received texts with 2 different formats. when i get them from certain people, it has their pic that i have stored in my addy book, the a text area,then a black area that says callback number:xxxxxxxxx. the callback number takes up som much space there is only 2 lines of text message to read. when i recieve texts from other people, the callback number doesnt appear on the botom. all the people are in my address book though. trying to figure out why it shows for some people, yet not for others...
    my BB does the same thing; was wonderin' thee same question if you firgure it out; do plz lemme kno
    02-04-10 12:44 AM
    my BB does the same thing; was wonderin' thee same question if you firgure it out; do plz lemme kno
    According to the sprint store employee, it is because if the person sending their text has a callback number setup on THEIR phone, your phone then receives it and puts it up. if the text sender did not put a callback number in during setup, then it will not appear. it is plausible i guess. i will check it out when i am with someone so i can get into their phone setup.
    02-04-10 07:19 AM
    According to the sprint store employee, it is because if the person sending their text has a callback number setup on THEIR phone, your phone then receives it and puts it up. if the text sender did not put a callback number in during setup, then it will not appear. it is plausible i guess. i will check it out when i am with someone so i can get into their phone setup.
    Yea this is true. I tested it today with my gf's phone. Turned her callback number off and it didnt show up on my text from her anymore.
    02-04-10 11:48 AM
    Can anyone help me figure out what you mean about threaded sms and chat? Are you talking about a way to get the texts all in one blanket message, sort of like BBM allows? Like it'll say "me: blah blah" and then on next line "john: blah blah"? What I want most is to have all of my texts in one line only in my inbox like BBM. Like I can open that one text and see the whole conversation instead of them all separate and filed? Is that what everyone is talking about? Sorry, I'm confused!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i have exactly the same problem! i bought a blackberry curve 8900, and the messages are set out so weirdly, i would like to be like BBM, but i dont know how to do it, can someone please tell me what to do? its driving me crazy
    11-13-11 10:16 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD