I've had my BB 8530 from Sprint about 5 days ago. I researched on it and decided to buy. Now 5 days after the fact, I feel this phone kind of cheap on the hardware. First, the backlight for the esc, options, and call keys is annoyingly cheap. Second, the keyboard and the trackpad move too much. Third, the battery cover is substandard for a BB. I upgraded (or downgraded) from a BB 8330. Would like input from the BB community, should I return it? Should I get the Tour or stick to my old 8330? Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 08:11 PM
    Wait a little (within your 30 days) and get the 9630. Hopefully by then the 9650 will be out and that will be even better.
    02-01-10 08:26 PM
    If you feel the way you describe.. why wouldn't you return it?
    02-01-10 08:41 PM
    Yeah, I don't get it. You're not really asking anything... It's more like a list of what you already know you don't like.
    02-01-10 08:44 PM
    I upgraded from the 8330 also and honestly for the first week or two I was questioning if I made the right switch. I got used to it and now I love it. My wife has my old 8330 and now when i mess with her phone it's like i'm using an old rotary phone.

The best thing about it is the wifi. Once I got this configured I was sold...it's super fast for browsing. I also felt the casing was a bit cheap, so I put it in seidio innocase, problem solved. It's indestructible now and still looks great. You can't beat it for the price. $49.99 after the rebate. Any other model is 2 or three times that price.
    02-01-10 08:58 PM
    I went from an 8330 to the 8530, and really like it. I was planning on getting the 9650, but couldn't wait anymore. I was going to exchange it when the 9650 came out, but I really like this phone. I put a hard case on it that is chrome on the side, and black leather on the back. I think it looks just like a 9700. I love it now!

02-01-10 09:10 PM
    I just recently got my blackberry 8520 and I am sticking with it until the end of this year. I like this phone because it's small and cute. lol It's not big soo that's just another reason I like it. I hope you give it a try though.
    02-02-10 09:09 AM
    I love the 8530. I have it alos. The OS version on it is the fastest Sprint has out, 256 mb onboard, wonderful screen clarity, trackpad vs track ball works A LOT better. I truly DO NOT believe that it is a downgrade from the 8330. I work in tech support and have very few calls on the 8530, but virtually every other call is on the Tour or 8330. Think twice before trading in.
    02-02-10 12:11 PM
    if you don't like the phone then switch it I do have the Tour with Verizon and I love it. I don't mind the trackball at all and it is just an amazing device. You sign a two yr contract and that is a long time to have a phone you don't like.

So yes, if you don't like it then trade it
    02-02-10 01:44 PM
    Thanks for replying my message. I think I'm convinced, I will keep my BB Curve 8530. I'm starting to enjoy this phone. Thanks you all.

02-03-10 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD