So I downloaded and installed RestartMe and of course it does not work properly with my 8530. Problem is that the app icon shows up in my open apps list (alt+back) If I highlight phone freezes. I'd like to get it out of there. Any suggestions. I have removed app and restarted twice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 11:07 PM
    Go to Options > Applications, and make sure 'Third Party' is selected from the drop-down menu. Then see if 'RestartMe' is still under third party applications, and try deleting it from there.
    07-02-10 11:54 AM
    It was. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks. Mission accomplished!

07-02-10 11:56 AM
    It was. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks. Mission accomplished!

Cool! I'm glad to hear that!
    07-02-10 12:01 PM
    So I downloaded and installed RestartMe and of course it does not work properly with my 8530. Problem is that the app icon shows up in my open apps list (alt+back) If I highlight phone freezes. I'd like to get it out of there. Any suggestions. I have removed app and restarted twice.

K....help me PLEASE!!!!! I have the same issue. I tried the fix suggested here. Went to Options, Applications (made certain 'third party' was seclected) and deleted the app from there. It went thru the whole reboot process and it's still there in my open apps menu. Except when you highlight the app it reads (at the bottom) RestartMeStub. Not sure what that's about as the app was only called RestartMe.

I don't know where this thing came from or why it's stuck in the open apps menu. I never had any problems with this application until now.
    Any suggestions or help would be SO appreciated.....Thanks!!!
    Last edited by tammylchaney; 08-25-10 at 04:27 PM.
    08-25-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD