So about a week ago I was using Sprint Navigation, and everything was running smoothly, but my 8530 Curve randomly shut down. The screen flashed once and then went black, and my LED shone red until it totally shut down. It tried rebooting automatically but ran out of battery before it completed. I charged it, and rebooted it, and everything was working fine, but now it randomly shuts down quite frequently, usually while using the browser to surf the internet or watch a video. I'm thinking it might be a battery problem, as when the random shut downs occur on a full battery, it doesn't have enough juice to boot back up. Now, I was looking around, trying to figure out how to do a "system restore" or get my Curve back to factory settings, but most of the things I found weren't for the Curve. I can't figure out how to do that, but I did go to Options>Security>Security Wipe>Wipe All User Applications, thinking maybe it was a problem with something I had downloaded (if it's not a battery problem.) So that's where I'm at currently. I haven't taken my phone to my Sprint store as I'm on vacation right now, but I thought I'd post on here and see if anyone has any pointers or had heard of this problem or something similar. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!
    06-28-11 12:45 PM
    My 8530 does it from time to time and I've heard other people mention it before.
    06-28-11 09:45 PM
    I have upgraded my OS many times and it seems to just be a bug they never worked out of system. It doesn't hurt the BB so I just live with it but mine always reboots like a quick pull on its own

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 10:20 AM
    Yeah, mine does the same thing as well, I've never had any problems with it once it has rebooted, no lost data or anything, so it's really now different than a battery pull or the alt right-shift delete.
    06-29-11 11:22 AM
    Yeah, mine is the same way, nothing is lost or damaged, it's just so inconvenient. Rebooting takes a few minutes and I always have to plug in to do it. I'm going to see if I can get a replacement battery and see if that fixes the problem, but if not, I guess I'll just have to live with it too.
    06-29-11 01:00 PM
    Yeah, mine is the same way, nothing is lost or damaged, it's just so inconvenient. Rebooting takes a few minutes and I always have to plug in to do it. I'm going to see if I can get a replacement battery and see if that fixes the problem, but if not, I guess I'll just have to live with it too.
    I see. You shouldn't need to plug your phone in for it to reboot. You probably just have a bad battery.
    06-29-11 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD