Is this normal? I've had this phone less than a month. I was playing a video earlier today from vuclip.com and noticed after a couple of playbacks that the phone was really hot. I gave it a rest and about 4hrs and later I wanted to watch the video again. The phone got hot again. I've maybe played 7 videos on this phone since I've had it and I've never noticed this before. What could be causing the phone to heat up so?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 06:56 PM
    How a long a video we taking here? My phone gets noticeably warm with the battery cover removed after watching a two minute video 3-4 times, and then opening lots of applications, (+10). I think its normal.
    01-29-11 08:18 PM
    It was 7 minutes. I only have 3 apps on my phone and I'm currently only using one which was closed both times the excessive heating occurred. Could it just be summed up to length of video or perhaps the size of the video file. I do think this is the longest of the vids I've ever played.
    Thanks for the reply.

01-29-11 08:27 PM
    It was 7 minutes. I only have 3 apps on my phone and I'm currently only using one which was closed both times the excessive heating occurred. Could it just be summed up to length of video or perhaps the size of the video file. I do think this is the longest of the vids I've ever played.
    Thanks for the reply.

hi wishful - i would suggest 2 things: 1)when your watching vids, try not to hold your ph completely covering the back or have it laying on a pillow while using it. that could cause it to heat up. 2) also, i would keep an eye out for how often your battery does this-reason being i would be concerned that the battery may be bad. if thats the case and you had the ph less than a month, you should be able to go to where you purchased it and get a replacement battery if it is faulty. i use my Bold alot, and i've never had the battery heat up on me. just my .02 cents. good luck wishful and hope it works out for you!
    01-29-11 09:21 PM
    watching video puts the phone to its limits, it also uses a lot of the screens resources and that is where the heat is coming from.

It is normal, LCDs get warm/hot, and since a BB doesn have good heat venting it gets insulated.

Same as holding your hand on the top of back of a plasma/lcd tv.
    01-29-11 09:39 PM
    Thank you guys so much for your responses. Very helpful. I was worried about this frying my phone or something.

01-29-11 10:54 PM
    Thank you guys so much for your responses. Very helpful. I was worried about this frying my phone or something.

Yes your right wishful, its not a good thing to have your berry heat up like that.

01-30-11 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD