Hi, everyone. I have the curve 8520 with os 5.0.. Its not an offical OS from tmobile US, and I have to return my phone due to hardware problems... So if I return my phone with 5.0os will that void my warranty? And if so, how can I go about downgrading My OS? Thanks guys,
    Jayyy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 09:11 PM
    Go to TMO's site and download any 4.6.1 they have.

Do the very same steps you did to update and you will end up downgrading. Can't be easier.

It shouldn't void the warranty, but they might claim that, so better safe than sorry.

PS: Still on .509? wow...
    08-24-10 09:55 PM
    Okay so when I get my new BB, should I update to a diffrent 5.0 OS, which is better... .509 .6(can't remember the rest) or .822? Or anyothers that I don't know about.... And I am running destop manager 6.0 so can I still upgrade the same way... By deleting the Vendor.xml file?

08-24-10 10:18 PM
    I would downgrade it to their latest version!

There are many threads on it.

If you send it back with 5.0 they have the right to reject it anf blame the issue on unapproved OS because OSs actually control a lot of the hardware!

Search the forums on how to downgrade the phone.

Good luck!

08-24-10 10:20 PM
    I'd suggest updating to the latest OS. And yeah, the process is the same even though you have DM 6..

Download and install OS > Restart > Delete 'vendor.xml' > Plug in BB > Start 'Loader.exe'...

If you don't like the new OS, you can always go back or downgrade. Downgrading is just like upgrading, but you're downgrading to a lower OS.
    08-24-10 10:24 PM
    I'd suggest updating to the latest OS. And yeah, the process is the same even though you have DM 6..

Download and install OS > Restart > Delete 'vendor.xml' > Plug in BB > Start 'Loader.exe'...

If you don't like the new OS, you can always go back or downgrade. Downgrading is just like upgrading, but you're downgrading to a lower OS.
    08-24-10 10:25 PM
    Ok, thanks. What OS do u recommend? .509 I've been having problems with UMA/wifi not connecting properly, boot up times and the screen going white in stand by mode..

08-24-10 10:28 PM
    u tried any different OS like the one from italy to the top of the page?
    08-24-10 11:14 PM
    No I've stuck with .509 because it seemed solid......

08-24-10 11:58 PM
    I have recently downloaded the 5.0 OS version from Italy. It has been working great! No problems with any of the functions or 3rd party apps. Seems very solid to me.
    08-25-10 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD