Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    I recently switched from a Palm Centro to a Blackberry 8530 Curve. I've read the manual and have set up everything satisfactorily (that I know of).

One question: on my Palm, I connected the phone to my computer with a USB cable. The cable had a button near the phone that I would press and it would automatically begin synching the phone with my Outlook calendar and contacts.

I could also right click on the Palm Sync software logo in the system tray and choose "sync".

I've got the Blackberry desktop software installed and set up to sync automatically but it doesn't seem to work. I've waited hours to see if would auto sync and it never does. The only way I've found to sync it is to start Blackberry Desktop manager and choose "synchronize." I tried right clicking on the Blackberry Device manager icon in the system tray but that gave me no help.

Is there any easier way to sync the two without having to open up the BB Desktop manager program and do it manually? Any help would be great.

Thank you
    02-02-10 08:26 PM
    Hi There,

The DM has to run in the background for Auto-sync to work, AFAIK

I for my part chose a simpler solution. My BB syncs OTA with Google (using Google Sync), which in turn syncs with all my computers: Mac with iCal and Adress Book at home, WinXP with Outlook at work and even my work phone (Nokia E71)

A rather nice solution that causes me no trouble. Great solution IMHO.

EDIT: And it's free!!!
    Last edited by tyroleanarcher; 02-03-10 at 03:43 PM.
    02-03-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD